Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Avoid Hunter's Brake and Alignment like the plague. My wife managed to curb check her car and we had them redo the side with the )(&*#%ed knuckle. Afterwards there was clicking and wobble. They told me it could be a blown strut ... strike one ... you didn't check (or drive the car afterwards to make sure it worked)?

After driving to Portland and back we pulled off at a rest area and heard a thunk tink tink under the car. Figuring it was just a rock I thought nothing of it. Still getting the wobble, so I brought her car to the shop I take mine to. They gave it a quick check, and sure enough both front struts need to be replaced. Okay fine it's got 130K on it and she's not gentle with her cars. After dropping said car off to have the struts replaced, I get a call ... "you need to come look at this". Fearing the worst I drove back to the shop to find ... dun dun dun ... two loose bolts on the front control arm and ... wait for it ... one of them was missing (guess we know what that thunk tink tink noise was now). I called them up to express my displeasure and the owner blamed it on the fact that the guy who worked on the car worked at Les Schwab previously (so that means he doesn't know how to use a torque wrench?). If you think that's a problem ... perhaps you should supervise your workers until they can do their job properly ... now I'm out $600 for a job I could have done better in my driveway ... barely even an apology and lots of trying to shift the blame.

So that was bad experience number one. Number two. A friend of mind blew a strut on her DC. I had some spare working coilovers so I offered to replace them. EVERY bolt and nut on her suspension was over torqued. One of them so bad that the threads were deformed, to the point I had to go search my spare bolt bag ... and go but a tap and die set to rethread the front "Y joints" (or whatever you call the bits that attach the front shocks to the FLCAs). Guess who did the suspension previously ... yup Hunter's Brake and Alignment.

I didn't call them about that one, because her suspension had been done over a year ago.

Needless to say I will not let these hacks touch my cars or the cars of anyone I know. I trust Firestone more than I trust these clowns.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Check.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow, that's terrible. I hope they didn't mess anything else up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts