Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quit driving it till it's fixed!!! There are some dumbasses out there that dont seem to know this. I've replace 4 engines in the last 6 months that shouldn't have been needed, but the people just kept driving em.

05 element, 06 civic and an 05 civic all with less than 20,000 miles. They all hit something, destroyed the radiators and drove them till they wouldn't drive anymore. All these were covered by insurance. :shocked:

Then there is the 04 accord with 72,000 miles. The guy said: "The oil light has been blinking for the last couple weeks, I didn't think it would hurt anything."

I dont know what else to say, i'm dumbfounded.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Then there is the 04 accord with 72,000 miles. The guy said: "The oil light has been blinking for the last couple weeks, I didn't think it would hurt anything."
:slap: :sadface:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
quit driving it till it's fixed!!! There are some dumbasses out there that dont seem to know this. I've replace 4 engines in the last 6 months that shouldn't have been needed, but the people just kept driving em.

05 element, 06 civic and an 05 civic all with less than 20,000 miles. They all hit something, destroyed the radiators and drove them till they wouldn't drive anymore. All these were covered by insurance. :shocked:

I dont know what else to say, i'm dumbfounded.
are you a Honda Tech? wanna hook me up w/ a job in 2 years? lol.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I love the old guys that come into my dealership. Get a work order. "guy claiming that his transmission light is on". After arguing with the advisors that civics don't have a transmission light nor do any other hondas I went out to inspect.

This gentleman had to be in his late 70's early 80's. "ok sir what is the problem" , "my transmission light has been on for a couple of weeks". I ask him to point it out. Needless to say the only light that was on was the seatbelt light and that was the one he pointed too. I had a good laugh. And so did the rest of the techs!

·
Registered
92 Si
178 Posts
Thats a new one on me... A trans light is on.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you work in ohio right? that explains a lot.... lol
That could be a factor. :)

are you a Honda Tech? wanna hook me up w/ a job in 2 years? lol.
I'm just a tech, they dont consult me on hiring issues. :)

I love the old guys that come into my dealership. Get a work order. "guy claiming that his transmission light is on". After arguing with the advisors that civics don't have a transmission light nor do any other hondas I went out to inspect.

This gentleman had to be in his late 70's early 80's. "ok sir what is the problem" , "my transmission light has been on for a couple of weeks". I ask him to point it out. Needless to say the only light that was on was the seatbelt light and that was the one he pointed too. I had a good laugh. And so did the rest of the techs!
Hahahaha our service advisers slip up once in a while too. They're usually pretty good at weeding out stuff like that.

Had a complaint a while ago about a loss of power that only occurred when the car was idling on the highway. :confused:

·
Registered
93 celica
323 Posts
i get customers like that all the time. guy comes in after getting his alternator replaced and he's yelling at me that his battery light is still on. i got in the car started it up and it was a check engine light.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
My last job... hobby shop.

I'm behind the RC cars display. Each car has a Index card size price on it with some details about each car...

I'm busy fixing a car and this 15-16 years old kid come and said...
"MHHH how much is this car?"

I say "Which one?"

"this one!"

I say "which one?"

"this one, the one that says $395.00"

"DUHHH" I replied

Yeah I was evil with customers!

·
Banned
939 Posts
I gotcha beat! Many of my customers are not only ignorant, but arrogant as well. I always seem to get the hotshot who inherited 50 million from dear grandfather and who knows nothing yet everything.
They make-up for their lack of understanding of the simplest electro-mechanical systems by name-calling and bad-mouthing.
Wealth is no indicator of class.

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
well thats what having money does to ya. MMM i wonder what that light means. oh well fuck it ill just buy a new one if this one dies.

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
in fact i was working at a gas station and a rich guy comes in a nice 5-0 mustang to get gas. It is smoking from under the hood and i could smell the antifreeze while i was outside smoking. So being the good citizen i am i told him he might want to check that cuz it looks and smells as if it is overheating. he popped the hood glanced under and then didnt say anything to me at all but just got back in and left. dumbass

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
I feel your pain. I get customers that come in with a masive dent in the side of their car & say "can't you just pop it out?" on guy will say things like "I went to school for auto body & I'd fix it myself but Idon't have time."
I may have been born at night, but not last night.

btw, beating the inside of your quarter pannel with a hammer is not the best way to get that dent out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts