Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300zxTT, Maxima
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would you rock a T25 or a 13G and why? Engine is bone stock with about 180k? I posted this on honda-tech, but figured i'd see what the D-series people had to say about it :D
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1864780&page=1

?#2
Can someone show/tell me what all I will need to get as far as oil lines go? All the fittings/lines I need to make this turbo work. I assume that it just needs oil and not coolant right? Has anyone just made their own lines to save $$?

?#3
I will be using a SAFC to get it on the road, why...because I got one for free and money is tight. Yes I will get a chipped ECU at some point. Anyone know of some base settings I could use so I can drive it to get it tuned? I'll have the standard HMT setup. DSM 450's, DPFI, T25 or 13G, DSM SMIC and 1G BOV.

I've searched alot on both forums, but i'm getting confused, lol.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If you have everything then why not. It dosen't really matter which turbo you use between the 2 listed. there fine for the motor. The only points about the DSM turbos is that 13G's are older and usually cheaper, but who knows how long the'll last. T25's are newer, usually cost a few bucks more, and if the car was taken care of should last longer.

Run both water and oil if you have the option. The turbo will last much longer. The water lines are simple to add, and there's no real reason not to.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
whichever one you can get cheaper. they both probably have the same hp limits and spool time, so its not going to make a lot of difference

·
Registered
300zxTT, Maxima
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Run both water and oil if you have the option. The turbo will last much longer. The water lines are simple to add, and there's no real reason not to.
Going with the T25, is there a how to or somewhere I can read up on where to get water lines to it? I assume coolant should be run through it?

·
Random Hero
Range Rover
2,624 Posts
oil/coolant lines can be made out of a lot of things. Brained SS (teflon) for the feed line seems to be standard. You could also use hard line or rubber line, so long as it can handle the temps. and pressure. But you may also be able to think of reasons for using one over the other. It's basic mechanics. Understand how a turbo works, what it needs, then hack something onto your car.

again with the afc, it helps to understand what it's doing, to be able to make educated adjustments. but I believe you should be able to find some "loose" settings for different engines/injectors on homemadeturbo.com

·
Registered
300zxTT, Maxima
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
usually coolant lines are tapped in between the intake manifold to throttle body, you could also use the water pipe to IAC valve.

if you can figure that picture out :)
Yeah no clue where that "blue hose" is coming from/going haha.

·
Registered
300zxTT, Maxima
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know it's hard to tell, but anyone care to guess what HP range I would be in? Just something in the ballpark......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts