Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about getting my crx painted so im wondering how much it costs. i'm pretty sure the cost sometimes depends on the color. i;m hoping for no more than $1k since it is a small car.

thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't have any friends right now that have the equipment.

about the engine bay, i think i would just leave it stock blue.

so you two think it would be under 1000K? then, what color? i know i want a dark color...

thanks a lot

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
its what ever color you want bro. i mean brown is gonna be the same as green. being as how they are comperable paints. no ppg or metal flake. are you talking about your 87 crx?. cant ever go wrong with a nice triple black or wanna get fancy. championship white. but a maaco job isnt bad if your on a budget and have to get it painted.

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
As with anything, you get what you pay for. What you're getting in a paint job is time, materials, & skill. We offer nice paint jobs starting at $399.95. That said, I can't give you a $2500 paint job for $500.

·
Registered
391 Posts
:werd:

Hunting around to get my Sol repainted, I was quoted from $400 for "fingerpaint" to beyond $2000 for "everything" (engine/trim removal - not one easily discernible hint of the old paint visible from the outside).

I eventually went with the $400 jobber from Earl Scheib to paint the Sol red. Looks good - but as expected, once you open the hood, trunk, or doors, you've got white.

PM

·
Registered
391 Posts
I got my del sol painted at honda, dents taken out, new bumper, fender,things shaved, $1600 from honda.
Did that include the engine compartment?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts