Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
Soon to be all black
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a question for anyone who wants to chime in. If money really wasn't a prob, what kind of build would you do? Either NA or Boosted. Any kind of engine, whole or frankenstein. Be either detailed as you like, as to the kind of cams, internals, porting, whatever. Just curious as to what kind of combos there are. But, all this has to be feasible....

·
Registered
276 Posts
boosted. a NA d series is throwing money down the drain. you cn actually find people on here willing to sell very cheap homemade turbo project kits. check them out. do some research first before delving into anything though. take it from the experianced guys.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
boosted k24
tsx tranny
full tien suspension
full roll cage
helmet optional

·
Registered
Soon to be all black
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i didn't start this for myself, I am curious at to what everyones opinions/dreams are. Pure shits and giggles here, thats all

·
Registered
Soon to be all black
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
boosted. a NA d series is throwing money down the drain. you cn actually find people on here willing to sell very cheap homemade turbo project kits. check them out. do some research first before delving into anything though. take it from the experianced guys.
dude, I already got a turbo and fully built motor, reread the first post, but thanks anyways

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
so the k24 boosted is better than any frankenstein out there, or is that just what you'd like?

i dunno...ive always liked that combo. tuck that in a crx hf and holy fuck. game over.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
nsx type r motor fully forged with jackson racing supercharger, tuned and on the bottle in the form of zex 125 shot :TU:..........thats if money was no problem. LOL

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would go sleeved B20, PP b16 head, skunk 2 cams, valvetrain, type R tranny, GT40 turbo, Topmount manifold, 3" downpipe, 1000cc injectors, and Aem Management, Carbon Carbon Clutch and a really good tuner....

(Don't get me wrong I love K's but for some reason they tend to drop valves when they start making lots of HP, well atleast all the ones i've seen)

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I would go sleeved B20, PP b16 head, skunk 2 cams, valvetrain, type R tranny, GT40 turbo, Topmount manifold, 3" downpipe, 1000cc injectors, and Aem Management, Carbon Carbon Clutch and a really good tuner....

(Don't get me wrong I love K's but for some reason they tend to drop valves when they start making lots of HP, well atleast all the ones i've seen)
you just wasted your money..... but thats why you have been red dotted

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
You wasted yourmoney on the cams.. There is no need for them on a boosted motor... The TypeR trans is too close of a gear ratio for turbo.....

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
you just wasted your money..... but thats why you have been red dotted
choosing a b20 vtec over a k motor..claiming reliability as the reason...stupid...a k24 makes as much or more than a b20 vtec in stock form...b20 vtec is not going to outlast a stock k24...especially turbo charged....people who run b20 vtec in honda challenge rebuild twice during the season..

1 - 20 of 97 Posts