Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK yesterday I intalled my amp/sub so most of the day my battery was disconnected. I got everything installed and working good and then when I drove it that night when ever i had the clutch in or in nuetral, the idle was extremely low, and it was rough, but im assuming it was rough because it was low.

anyways I have no idea what to check.

I read somewhere that you can reset the idle on ur ecu by letting it idle for 5 mins with no electrical load, then 5 with a full electrical load. is this true?

any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I expected a bit more responses than this.....

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok this was in engine management but I moved it here to see if it would get any responses....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try pulling your ecu fuse for over 30 seconds and see what that does.

·
Banned
939 Posts
You may want to test your ELD. That's electric load detector. It raises the idle to keep up with the load. You must really be drawing some current.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I was thinking your new amp might be pulling alot off the alternator, robbing the ignition system. But I've had an issue like yours before even without an amp, it happened for a few days then suddenly just went away...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I forgot to mention, I have a remote switch to turn my amp on and off, and it still did it with the amp off. Its still doing the problem now, but not nrealy as bad as it was when I first posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts