Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my car is idleing at 1000 rpm or 1100 what will happen if i mess with the idle screw will it make me loose performance if i where to lower my idle to 750 by turning the screw

·
Registered
122 Posts
Trust me! Its better to have an idle than not too. Basic steps: Adjust the throttle cable(not too tight) and TB screw. TB screw I am not sure if you need to jump the ECU while you correct this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i need to jump the ecu and will my car run diffrent if i change the idle or it wont change anything on how the runs just better idle

·
Registered
826 Posts
the idle screw wont make you loose performance...tighten up the throttle cable until your idle starts to go up, and then loosen it until it goes down to where you want it. there should be a little give in the throttle cable while the motor is off

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
20civic00 at what idle does your car sit at and do i have to jump the ecu when messing with idle screw

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so if i just adjust the idle screw and get it down to 750 i just leave it there and thats it i dont have to mess with anything else and my car should run the same

·
Registered
826 Posts
20civic00 at what idle does your car sit at and do i have to jump the ecu when messing with idle screw
i dont have a tachometer so i couldn't tell you my excact idle speed but i have my idle screw thats on the tb tightened pretty tight and then i adjusted the throttle cable exactly how i said in my first post.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but what i want to know is that will it change the way my car runs if i mess with that srew like will it make it slower cause its not adjusted right or that screw has nothing to do with anything like that

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will it mess up the way the car runs if i mess with the screw or the car will run the same and the only thing that changes is the idle

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
anybody i need to know cause now i think my car is slower cause i moved the screw

1 - 10 of 10 Posts