Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im pretty good at figuring out problems but this one got me wonderin:mad: . well when i start the car itll idle fine for about 10 seconds then jump to 2000 stay there for about 5 then die. if i unplug the TPS sensor itll stay idleing but itll hunt for idle. the codes i get are code 5(without TPS unpluged, an code 7 w/ it unpluged). on top of that it has a miss:cussing: while back i got a code 15 which is a bad ignitor so i guess im gonna change the dizzy(it makin a lil noise). can anyone think of anything els might be wrong besides the MAP sensor. heres a dumb question to me were it the dam map sensor it it on the driverside on the intake?

·
Registered
429 Posts
the map sensor is on the firewall... check all the vacum lines and if there are no leaks I'd try replacing the map sensor....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ohhhhhhhhhh ok, ive should have known that. im a dumbass

i do have one hose were the green arrow is thats not conected. could i just tea it into the intake. but it doesnt look importaint cause its from the charcol can.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Do you still have the vaccum routing diagram on the under side of the hood? If so hook everything up the way it says on that even the charcoal canister!

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have a 89 civic hatch that i swapped to mpfi and put in a dohc zc. the idle wanders but not slow its fast and it makes it surge when light gas is applied it runs a code 14 i think it might be bad period if anyone has any info that would be great

·
Registered
968 Posts
i have a 89 civic hatch that i swapped to mpfi and put in a dohc zc. the idle wanders but not slow its fast and it makes it surge when light gas is applied it runs a code 14 i think it might be bad period if anyone has any info that would be great
to check the EACV (code 14) disconnect the electrical connector to the EACV - idle should drop to around 500-600rpm and remain steady - if it does, the EACV is bad or not working correctly - if idle still fluctuates, you may have other problems in addition to the EACV - other causes are vacuum leak, low coolant level or air in the cooling system, bad wiring connection or faulty MAP sensor - be sure to reset the ECU to clear the code

·
Registered
12 Posts
its suposed to click if the key is on and you unplug it and plug it back in it dosent i dont know ive went throught the wiring at the ecu everything is right i was hoping someone would know what was up thanks for the info i gave you credit for it man thanks

·
Registered
968 Posts
its suposed to click if the key is on and you unplug it and plug it back in it dosent i dont know ive went throught the wiring at the ecu everything is right i was hoping someone would know what was up thanks for the info i gave you credit for it man thanks
the other thing you might check is to see that you have the right connector plugged into the EACV - the EACV has a 2-wire connector (on your DPFI, the connector was green) with blue with yellow stripe wire and black with yellow stripe wire - we see a lot of MPFI swaps (people bring them in to have us figure out what is wrong) where the tandem valve connector (which isn't needed), also 2-wire with orange and black/yellow wires, is plugged into the EACV - also, sometimes see the IAT (intake air temp) sensor plugged into the EACV - when this happens you get both code 14 and code 10

·
Registered
12 Posts
got it but

i got i figured out but now it wants ti idle at like 2500 i dont have a tack it got ripped off but it shoots up with it connected i think i have a big vaccum leak maby the throttle body gasket if you have any ideas id like to hear them i took the idle control valve off plugged the holes and it idled at like 1200 so i think it has to be sucking air somewhere thanks for the info man

1 - 13 of 13 Posts