Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can cause my idle to change from 800 to 200rpm.
Why is that my car idle at diff speed evreytime that i do a stop or red light, even with the motor warm the idle still changing around, is like now is idle at 800rpm and in the next stop is idling at 200 rpm without stalling!!
This is driving me crazy!!!
Waht do i do to set the idle right?
Thanx!!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
you've checked the iacv right?

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
i agree with the iacv. you should pull it and clean it. also, you might have to adjust the idle screw thing

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is the little thing thats behind intake manifold?
How do i clean it?
Can you suggest other things to check?

·
Registered
210 Posts
is the little thing thats behind intake manifold?
How do i clean it?
Can you suggest other things to check?
it is not that little :wink: you can see it in this picture from Honda service manual:

This is a photo of the actual unit (this one is for D15B VTEC which i think should be same with some other models too) :

You can clean it with carb and choke cleaner like this one:

Valvoline Pyroil Carb & Choke Cleaner

I have used this one and it works fine. just follow the instruction and spray inside and over the filter. if you can, change the O-ring too. you can get it from Honda Dealer.

Troubleshooting Idle Control System has a complete chapter in the manual and is related to a lot of sensors so i suggest you just take the manual and find out which one is the source of your trouble.

·
Registered
166 Posts
is your idle fluctuating? or is it just low?

if it's just low, then i would suggest cleaning your tb with tb cleaner.

·
Registered
826 Posts
^^tb/induction cleaner works great. i used some seafoam about two weeks ago and my idle is a bit better and my car feels a lil torqueier(mainly down low).

·
Registered
826 Posts
stp carb cleaner works wanders too! thats what i used to clean out the y8 mani i just picked up....it looks all pretty and shit again, inside too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is your idle fluctuating? or is it just low?

if it's just low, then i would suggest cleaning your tb with tb cleaner.
Yep its just low, really low!!!
Ill try to clean the tb and the IACV, but how come that sometimes its ilde fine 800 rpm and then is really low(I just wonder why)
Thanx for all your responses
Merry Christmas!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts