Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i put the y8 head on my y7 block. it has ran great for about 700 miles today when i was driving it and came to a stop it sputtered and died. it threw p0302 and p0300. when i started it back up it was idling really rough but revs up perfectly. then i found i had a vacuum leak on the cruise control vacuum line on the back of the intake manifold as soon as i plugged it back up the car diedand when i started it back up it wouldnt idle at all. i take it back out and it will idle again but its rough. anyone know what would cause this??? need help!!!ohh and all my distributer and wires and plugs and fuel filter are new with about 1000 miles on them and i just cleaned the fuel injectors before i stuck them one 700 miles ago

·
Registered
476 Posts
then i found i had a vacuum leak on the cruise control vacuum line on the back of the intake manifold as soon as i plugged it back up the car died and when i started it back up it wouldnt idle at all. i take it back out and it will idle again but its rough.

Not sure what the take it back out part means but it sounds like you're saying it runs with the vacuum leak and won't run without the leak.

It could be that the idle speed is just set too low.

What ecu, throttle body and IACV are you using? Is the CEL on and if so what codes are thrown.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts