Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished converting my 99 civic from auto manual and now i ran into a idle problem when using the manual ecu. With the car running the auto ecu theres no problem but with the manual ecu the idle surges at around 1700. Is the problem because of the auto intake manifold? Do i have to replace the entire manifold? Also while im runnig the auto ecu is it preventing vtec from activating?

·
Registered
44 Posts
i had that problem too but i didnt convert. my idle was at 1700rpm. then i found out that that was because of the idle control valves located on the back of the intake manifold. closed to the tb. that what controling the idle. or you can adjust the idle by getting a flat head screwdriver and adjust ur tb. there should be like a flat head screw near ur map sensor. it lay flush or a lil deeper in the tb. but you should see it when u look from passenger side to the driver side. turn counter clockwise to lower it down. or last. ur iat senser went bad. check those out.

S

·
0 Posts
fixing that problem as we speak. iac valve, its a 3 wire and u need a 2 wire. time to convert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts