Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just finished doing a y8 head y7 block mini me swap on a 2000 hatch fired her up drove her around runs pretty nice except when i come to a stop idle drops to like 400-600 rpm and wants to turn off checked timing and i can only get the engine to run at full advanced at dead nuts wants to stall. Its an automatic checked the ecu its a 2000 p2p auto i have a brand new ignition msd sci, msd blaster coil, nology wires and ngk plugs witch i put on the car 3 weeks ago and its been running nice with the new ignition check engine light was on checked codes and i forgot to put air temp in intake but was also throwing a pending code p1399 which doesnt exist in my honda book. the 3 means ignition could i be off a tooth when i put the timing belt back on? If someone has some ideas what it could be or what it is please feel free to help me out thanks guys.I also installed a crower stage 1 cam and adjusted it too the specs they gave me for cam .006 intake .008 exhaust could this give me a rough idle too.

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
your timing belt is off a tooth maybe even 2...i had the same thing on the b7 i bought for my EG..i had to tear it down and re-do the belt

·
Registered
741 Posts
hondaboy92 said:
your timing belt is off a tooth maybe even 2...i had the same thing on the b7 i bought for my EG..i had to tear it down and re-do the belt

:werd:

typically, a cam gear really works the best. Depending on where you get the write up from/the diy they make the cam gear a must have item. It was my issue when doing my brother's mini-me.

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to work tonight drove the car to work 40 miles all highway 5 miles city car didnt drive that bad vtec kicks in loud but i tought i would get more zing out of it not having vtec prior to today.sometimes the idle is low and sometimes its fine trans seems to be shifting weird sometimes hesitates a little.

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally had some time to work on this I'm getting a miss in cylinder #3 cant figure it out for the life of me tried moving the cam gear all over the place runs like serious crap if i retard it runs better if i advance it. but it seems to run the best with my distrubitor pined to the firewall and 1 mark advance on the cam gear. It only misfires when im at idle doesnt miss at all driving. Any ideas my head feels like its going to explode :cussing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts