Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently dropped the d16y7 into my 92 dx. ive used the intake, exhaust, distr., obd1 wire harness and alt from the ol b7. cranks fine and runs like a scalded dog exept for the idle!!! could it be the 1.6 plugs and dizzy? or the 1.5 injectors on the 1.6 head? idk where i should start... any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
define the idle issues... is it hunting? Have you done the proper idle re-learn? Are you using the right ECU for that engine?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got the y7 from southern imports... and it came just block and head, no dizzy alt etc. has a high idle like its cold, but when it gets to running temp it sways real high to real low. ive adjusted the idle screw and layed back on tha dizzy with no real results. must be a air issue cause im seein that i need to plug the holes on that b7 mani lol. ive swaped a few honda motors but never real had to get into mixmatchin parts. didn help that i got the car with a locked down 1.5 and had 3 days to find another engine to swap out and get road worthy before my wife n kids pilled in for a 600 mile drive to va

1 - 10 of 10 Posts