Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with the idle on my d15B1. I have read all the items related to the "hunting idle" with Honda. I thoroughly cleaned the IAC, checked vacuum leaks and so on. The problem lies in that after startup and the engine gets up to temp everything is fine. Once I hit the accelerator the engine will not come back down to idle. It stay elevated. If I push down on the throttle to further close the throttle (Manually) it will come down to the correct idle. But once again, opening up the throttle it wont come down to idle unless I force the throttle. Could this be a throttle stop problem? or is the spring worn. I did a complete rebuild on the entire engine/intake/throttle body..etc.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,931 Posts
Is the throttle plate sticking open? Should be pretty easy to tell if you rev it manually from the throttle plate actuator on the throttle body.

There’s not many things it could be. I would think it’s related to one of the following

-Sticky throttle plate, cable, or pedal.
-Broken/worn throttle plate spring
-A bad TPS

Operate the throttle body by hand when the engine is off. Does it feel sticky? Does it spring back to the closed position?

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
493 Posts
If you pulled the springs out from behind the TPS and the cable return spring, they can be difficult to clock in order to get the correct amount of return pressure. Not enough and the throttle plate will 'hang' open, and if you've clocked it too far the throttle plate can jam closed in the throttle body.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts