Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im using a d15b2 block with a d16z6 head right now. the head been shave with a 3 angle valve job. the spring seat is lift(just stating cuz it might be the problem). my idle keep on jump from 1000rpm to 1700rpm then back then up again constantly. before i know it was the idle control valve or what it call. i change it already and it work fine. well not really. it happen every now and then but then stop. but then when i install a 68mm t-body. all hell broke loose. does anyone here know what the hell happened?!!!
--by the way, do you guy think i should tune my ecu at a dyno chassis cut my engine throwing out smoke everytime i floor it. im using stock fuel system. yet i think im spitting a lil too much fuel.

J

·
0 Posts
well about the full some dyno tuning wont hurt....as to the idle that TB size I am assuming you used a B series TB, in which case you have to calibrate the TPS sensor, maybe some on here can chime in with the instructions...

-Juan

S

·
0 Posts
I have the same damn prob on my crx it goes to 1.5k than drop to 1k on and on and on... but my car is stock.
Is it all about the tps thing ??

·
Registered
1998 Acura Integra
736 Posts
yea, my car has a surging idle bad too after i swapped in a Z6 with an LS tb. I am going home this weekend so im gonna try adn fix it then.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not sure is it a b series tb or not but even with my stock tb, same damn thing happend. shiet is killing my gas and pissing me off. by the way. can any of you give me an estimate of how many hp and tq i got. intake, header, full 2 1/4 exhaust, act lightweight flywheel, unorthodox pulley,camgear, msd sci, msd blaster ss w/ msd 8.5 mm wire and the thing done to my head and what i have mention ealier. i got no idea how much power i got. it feel about the same as my old d16z6. but i should have more. thank

·
Registered
9 Posts
idle

If u look under ur tb there should be two coolant hose's hooked up to this plate held on by if i remember two 10mm bolts. take that off and u should see two phillips crew bolts un do those and u'll see a white plustic nut inside with two lines on each side. use a flat head and try to scrw it back down as tight as possible.. that should fix ur problem if not then its ur iac..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont think it the iat cuz i change it too. even try to bypass the cooler so that it wont go to the tb. it just dont work. any more idea?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts