Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

Wants to get some advice as i am constantly chasing my tail with fuel mixtures at idle. Running 1750 cc bosch units on oem fuel pressure with E85.

After the car has warmed up and all the compensations are off. My mixtures will float between 14.0 and 12.0 and this will follow the battery voltage from the car. floating between 12.5v and 13.5v approximately.

Recently changed my battery and just installed a 1 farad capacitor however not with much change. Does anyone know the impact of the alternator on the idleing situation - especially how i could keep my system and a constant voltage.

Injector dead times are set as the manufactures figures.

Any advice would be great !

·
Registered
1992 Civic DX Hatch
586 Posts
If you are using Crome Pro you need to adjust the battery latenance for each voltage range. Turn off all the electric you can and adjust that voltage latency number up or down to get the AFR you want. Once you have that turn on all the electric you can to load the system and then adjust the battery latenance for that voltage agian.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Are you only having fluctuations at idle?

Do you know at what duty cycle the injectors are operating when you experiencing the hunting? My first guess, being an "injector guy" is that the injectors are trying to be operated under their minimum pulse-width or within the non-linear operating range and the ECU isn't properly compensating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts