1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i've been tryin to tune my car, got the wot ok,
but my idle is all messed up.

It actually was ok for a while, but the afr started becoming wavy,
bouncing from low 14's to high 15's slowly (afr curve looked like a sound wave on the datalogger).
When I first tuned it, it was fairly stable.

Then a few weeks ago it went completely off,
and jumped up to like 1500-2000 rpm, with crazy afr bouncing all over.

no CEL,
and when I put my stock ecu back in, it settles back to normal(so i know its not the idle valve)..

running crome free,
jdm d15b vtec..

ANY ADVICE!?!?!?

·
Registered
102 Posts
if you did not know, you can cut jumper in ecu to return back to stock bin and no read your eeprom.

no CEL,
and when I put my stock ecu back in, it settles back to normal(so i know its not the idle valve)..

if it's a tuning a issue. try to look at the stock ign and fuel tables on low cam, be around those values in your tuned bin and it should help, IF your motor is stock-ish. good luck.

edit: i meant stock values in idle cells

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok well this was pissing me off so i ran my stock ecu for a while.

just today I put the tuned ecu/ostrich back in, and the problem seems to have dissapeared!

I also reset my ignition timing, i think it was off a few degrees(though I don't see why that would cause an insanely high idle).

Perhaps all that was needed was for the ecu to be reset?

Those of you who tune a lot,
is it common practice to reset your ecu every now and then, or does it make little difference??

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
there is a short term and long term fuel adjustment table in the ecu

resetting the ecu will reset both of them

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
How would the fuel maps change and remain changed on the ecu??? Aren't they at a default setting from the factory? Or does your ecu actually learn how you drive and make adjustments?

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
what's an MIL?

as of now, i've been running my tuned ecu for about a week and the problem
is completely gone!

Something about swappin the stock ecu back in for a while, then going back to the tuned took care of it.
MIL=CEl Honda used to call the CEL an MIL back in Obd0 days.

And I use the removable jumper for J1 as well. its always a good trouble shooting tool.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
How would the fuel maps change and remain changed on the ecu??? Aren't they at a default setting from the factory? Or does your ecu actually learn how you drive and make adjustments?
im not sure but dont honda ecus use fuzzy logic? i forget, but if they do then yes the ecu would adapt some to your driving habits

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.