Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My idle keeps bouncing up and down and I don't seem to know what the problem is. There is a leak in the overflow tank and I was wondering if this could cause it?

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
describe it more...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It idles somewhere above 1k but goes up and down a couple hundred rpm's over and over. It sometimes dies real easy soon after starting the car up. Also, if you unplug one of the vacuum lines from the tps(I think) it stops bouncing up and down but idles too high.

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
an air bubble in you coolant lines could cause a surging idle. as can a vaccuum leak and like bone said, so can the FITV and a cracked or blown head gasket. You may also wan to check the IACV.

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
do the easiest first, i would just go buy a silicone hose kit from local auto parts store, usually comes will all three sizes that you need and then just pull a hose off measure cut new hose replace with new hose until you have all of them done. also what engine is in this thing is it si or dx, remember the more info we get the easier we can help you. and as to the overflow leak i dont see that being a problem

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
yea its gotta be a vacuum leak? did you recently do anything to the car?
i doubt its a vacuum leak..................i would bet on it being the fitv or iacv.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts