Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting off the highway last night when I pushed in my clutch to downshift from 5th to 4th and when I did my engine reved to 5000 RPM. So I quickly put it back into 5th and it went right back down to where it was. I tried to downshift again but as soon as I pressed the clutch in it did the same thing. I coasted down the exit ramp and when I got to the end I kept putting it into 2nd and just coasting so the RPM's did stay high. After the light changed and I went and when I shifted again it was fine. Any ideas on what in the hell it could be?

*cliff notes*
- pushed clutch in and engine reved to 5000 RPM's
- did this for like a min
- took off at the light and it was fine when I shifted

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I've heard of people having the throttle body stick in an open position before. If it doesn't happen again, it's fixed ;)

And yes, it could just have been the floor mat pushing the throttle. :)

·
Registered
91 sedan
2,259 Posts
if its sticking at the throttle body, take it off and clean thoroughly. :TU:

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
My buddy made one of those "tornado" intake thingy's from a coke can and it got sucked in and stuck into his TB. took him foever to figure out what it was...Idiot. heh.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
i had my throttle stick open on a different car, i slammed the throttle pedal down real hard a coulpe of times... problem fixed... :)

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
I had a old school Mazda 323GTX turbo hatch. I sucked part of the intake boot in once and had WOT goin down coastal highway in OC MD. Didn't even realize anything was wrong until I ran the red light cause I couldn't stop. Shut the car down and fucked with everything I could think of for like 2 hours. My buddies grandfather looked at it for like 30 seconds and figured it out.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the car is garaged and it was Fri night when it wasnt all that bad out. I had been driving on the highway for about 15 min as well. I kinda wanted it to blow so I could rebuild it. The only problem is that if something like that happened my rents would prob make me get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
My buddy made one of those "tornado" intake thingy's from a coke can and it got sucked in and stuck into his TB. took him foever to figure out what it was...Idiot. heh.
An f'ing coke can how do you manage to do that.

YOu should probably clean your tb anyway to make sure, cuz thats dangerous and on d-sereis were concerned with the wellness of our members. Right Guys:jesus:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts