Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 1999 civic lx with the d16y7 and auto trans. I've been having some issues after my y8 intake manifold swap onto my stock y7. the iacv keeps throwing the cel with code p0505. during the swap I bypassed the coolant lines going to the iacv. I was wondering if that could be part of the issue or if I just need to replace the iacv again since the first time I replaced it, it was with a 40-something dollar part. any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,469 Posts
No coolant lines can be causing the issue, if the iacv is grimey it will stick until it warms up, oil vapors and such passing through cause build up that makes them sticky. The 2 wire tb mounted iacv does still have a bi-metalic spring in it as well, though it usually only causes a very slightly higher idle than normal and won't set a light if it's not heated. I'd start by connecting the coolant lines, if that doesn't solve the issue I'd replace the pcv valve, and check for vacuum leaks at the manifold, tb, and brake booster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No coolant lines can be causing the issue, if the iacv is grimey it will stick until it warms up, oil vapors and such passing through cause build up that makes them sticky. The 2 wire tb mounted iacv does still have a bi-metalic spring in it as well, though it usually only causes a very slightly higher idle than normal and won't set a light if it's not heated. I'd start by connecting the coolant lines, if that doesn't solve the issue I'd replace the pcv valve, and check for vacuum leaks at the manifold, tb, and brake booster.
my iacv is a 3-wire I'm pretty sure so I dont know if it has the bimetallic strip you're mentioning but I'll check on my lunch break

1 - 3 of 3 Posts