Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
helping a friend restore the wiring in their eg6 as its a right mess

alarm after alarm on top of other alarms had been installed, remotes lost for all, every install only hacking away at the last install to make the newest alarm work..

my job involved removing the above and reverting all the wires to factory so that it once again had a decent base to work off.

im 80% of the way thru however have come across two wires that were twisted together with what looks like a blob of heatshrink on the end.

its two wires, BLUE & RED (not 1 striped wire) it comes off the main harness under the dash pretty much center of the car and has about 30cm (11inches) of wire.

I'm hoping it is the cat convertor light (which ive highlighted in the pic) but it could be abs or tcs or even srs or maybe some sort of clutch switch wire which im fairly sure NZ never got.

also car is manual, but no idea if its been converted from auto or not.

Ideas?

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the red a common ? see if it goes to the dimmer..
definitely not a factory dimmer switch
https://flic.kr/p/2jpJkY4 Do the wires look anything like this?
wires are seperate and look factory done

i have the entire loom in pieces and im up to the part where im smack bang in the middle of the car so its just the part to the plugs to go so im hoping to trace the wire and understand it today

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,544 Posts
I wonder if its for the ebrake light. or maybe for the switches in the arm rest that some cars came with.

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

quick pic of where it is on cabin loom RHD so steering wheel plugs to the right.

Wires that lead off to the bottom right have now been removed entirely

Tracing the wires to a plug which im sure is plug C438, which is ICU but im yet to come across a page that looks to give me info that i can understand

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,544 Posts
are you sure its not for the seatbelt?

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
are you sure its not for the seatbelt?
yes, the seatbelt one comes from the side

front

underseat area (that is for the seatbelt) red and black

green/red wire is to the handbrake

here is 3 different pin out versions

what annoys me is on the left of the page it shows the pin out i need, but then doesnt have it in the book(s)

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

it has the right colours but is still missing 3 pins, 2 of which i need

i checked the other looms that i have, which are sedans and i think nzdm and they didnt have the wires either

1 - 11 of 11 Posts