Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m in a predicament. I have a turbocharger that has been very hard to identify, but even harder to find information and parts for. From what I know, it is a DSM Greddy turbo. I think it came from a Mitsubishi 3000GT. It is stamped TD04H on the compressor side with the alphanumeric 49189-00640|030305006 serials.

The turbine side is stamped with a DSM logo followed by 89-10410 and tucked away on the inlet side is what looks like a 0 over 7 followed by DUCM. And inside of the exhaust inlet is the number 85.

I have looked for D series turbo manifolds on eBay with the particular bolt pattern with no luck. And furthermore, the downpipe bolt pattern is nowhere to be found. I can’t be sure about anything at this point.

I have stencil sketched the inlet and outlet as best I could, and I measured the bolt holes from the inside wall nearest hole to be measured. I hope the pictures are clear enough. Can anyone help me out and tell me what kind of turbo this is and if it’s worth it? Thanks!

PICTURE LINKS:
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n193/boogieman2188/Turbo/IMAG0629.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n193/boogieman2188/Turbo/IMAG0633.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n193/boogieman2188/Turbo/IMAG0627.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n193/boogieman2188/Turbo/IMAG0635.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n193/boogieman2188/Turbo/IMAG0628.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n193/boogieman2188/Turbo/IMAG0634.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n193/boogieman2188/Turbo/IMAG0637.jpg

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,946 Posts
looks like a t3 flange and ive never seen a down pipe bolt pattern like that. did you google 4 bolt down pipe and see if anything of help pops up?

·
Registered
87 Posts
It is exactly what you called it: a Mitsubishi turbo. I googled it and found rebuild kits etc. You wont find a manifold directly for it to d series but may find an adapter.
Get on a dsm forum or ebay and get a downpipe.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I've tried googling four bolt downpipe/flange and just about every keyword in between. I found only a few very small pictures that looked like the same pattern, but no helpful information behind them.

Dummy me, a while back when I started piecing this kit, I ordered a D series T3 mani and when it arrived, I noticed right away I have problems lol. I was hoping they made adapters, and I figure I could go to a weld/exhaust shop and have them conjure something up. The problem with shop around here is they know you need this special part, so they charge an arm and a leg.

So from all those numbers and info, how does it boil down to being dubbed a 14/15g? You would think they would put a damn number on there that makes some damn sense!

I bought this turbo used with IC piping and a filter for 100 bucks. I couldn't pass it up at the time because of the minimal shaft play, and there was a whole party there vouching this very turbo to be in good shape ready to rock.

The whole idea was to stock turbo my D while I build my second motor.
Since Boosted-EH-804 says it's good for street/stock application, it only makes me want to do it more. But I'm sure that's a whole nother topic.
What is good about this turbo? What HP am I looking to put down? What car can I get the downpipe off of from the junkyard??!

Thanks guys!! I never thought I'd get such a fast response!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yep thats what it is and thats a t2 flange not t3. Pretty decent turbo for the street and stock block.
This. I recognize the downpipe flange, I had the manifold and downpipe but couldn't find a turbo!

It's not the Mitsubishi T25 flange, it's the T2 flange like he^^ said. Mazdaspeed Protege have the same flange. You could find a greddy 15g kit and use the turbo. The Nissan T25 turbos use the same T2 flange I believe, whereas the Mitsubishi T25 is different

I researched into this a lot as I was going to use a Greddy kit, but decided not to once I realized it was impossible to find a 15g turbo in decent condition. The ones that were good were asking $600, no thank you.

·
Registered
852 Posts
My friend made 300hp/260ftlbs on this turbo. However he's at the very edge of the turbo's limits. It spools well on a D16 and 200whp is no problem. You don't want to go much higher than that anyways

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How long ago was a 'good' condition turbo of this type going for 600?! Because if that's the case start making offers people! lmfao

Great info man thanks! I'm going to start looking obtaining the correct mani and DP. Curious, what happened to your mani and DP, sde? You seem like the man to talk to!

200hp would put a big ol' smile on my face, and is absolutely pushing the limit on stock internals. Granted, my engine I rebuilt stock just last year and it only has ~45k miles. I have a chipped and vtec converted P06 ready to tune, and I have DSM 450's that need flow tested. I already have the IC, most piping, and HKS BOV. It's only small things I'm missing like feed and return lines, catch can, oil pan tap, and a boost gauge.

Last year's engine build was my first, and this is my first delve into turbo. I recently installed a Thermal R&D full exhaust and have been dying to hear it with that sexy turbine sound.

One big thing that must happen though, is that I must maintain a/c and p/s.
Honda Civic D D16 D15 Cast Turbo Manifold SOHC T3 | eBay
That is basically the same mani I bought way back when, and I'm pretty certain it's friendly. Now I'm wondering if I could get an adapter on there while keeping it friendly.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
just type "dsm elbow" into ebay search....there are a ton of different styles

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Scott. I thought that elbow would work also, but I'm afraid not. I found another forum thread (thanks to the help of all you friendlys here that gave me excellent info) that stated that althought a DSM elbow will bolt up, does not cover a portion of the flange right near the wastegate dump. Part of the corner will be exposed resulting in a massive leak. So I emailed Greddy with pictures, hoping they can tell me what car this turbo was manufactured with stock, so I can at least get a lead on a perfect fitting part. This has turned out to be such a headache!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
xile6 you build looks awesome! I only read the first page of the thread I will continue reading later. The flange you sent me is the only one on all of ebay or just about all of the internet that will work! So this is good news. The downside, unlike you, I am not able to weld. So it's going to be a royal pain in the ass to get everything welded to fit, all the while being able to drive to school and work. This is going to be my DD build and I have no other vehicle! Also, I have the same exhaust mani you used, and was wondering how that adapter worked out for you.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
xile6 you build looks awesome! I only read the first page of the thread I will continue reading later. The flange you sent me is the only one on all of ebay or just about all of the internet that will work! So this is good news. The downside, unlike you, I am not able to weld. So it's going to be a royal pain in the ass to get everything welded to fit, all the while being able to drive to school and work. This is going to be my DD build and I have no other vehicle! Also, I have the same exhaust mani you used, and was wondering how that adapter worked out for you.
Last pg of my build is the best lol. And its my dd also but if i get like 2hrs i take off the headers and mount the turbo to weld it up.

If u send it all in to goautoworks yhey can fab it for u since i believe they have test blocks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Last pg of my build is the best lol. And its my dd also but if i get like 2hrs i take off the headers and mount the turbo to weld it up.

If u send it all in to goautoworks yhey can fab it for u since i believe they have test blocks.
Ouch!!! I just checked the go-autoworks site and its like 240 bucks to get it custom fitted! It's okay, I just asked who can weld on Facebook so hopefully someone can give me the hookup!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts