Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all.. Just wondering if I could get some opinions on building up a 91' LX. It's all stock, except for the CAI. I'm wanting to swap in a DOHC ZC, 5spd transmission, and possible putting on a jackson sc... Just to say I'm not looking to make a beast out of it :D. As much as I would like to.. Highschool still getting in the way of having anything more than part time work... Alrighty.. Thanks all for your time..

My baby, a year ago.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
um...couple questions...what high school do you goto and why did you choose the s/n tsunami? sorry im nozy...and you live in sac and i jus think thats a big coincidence lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha.. Sheldon High... Tsunami is from my old internet radio station I ran wit my friend... Plus im in Japanese 3 and stuff soo yeah..

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
ooo a huskie...cool...as far as ideas, since youre still in high school, and i know how hard it is to build a car in high school, i would suggest conecntrating on just bolt on's...start with the basics, intake header and exhaust, and that would actually help since youre planning on going s/c...maybe a clutch and flywheel too if you can

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah... I'm just mainly looking for people's experiences with their ZC swaps... Plus where I could get a good motor/transmission/ecu combo.. I need to go down to HAP and see if they have anything, but online I found them running around the $800's.

·
Registered
371 Posts
A dohc swap would be a definate sleeper. If your DPFI you'll need to do a MPFI conversion unless your combo comes with a complete harness. A D16A1 swap would be cheaper/ the same. Just buy a crashed 88-89 teg, swap everything over and toss in the zc cams to make up the hp difference.

·
D-series WTF?!?!
Dyno GT Racing Bike
3,674 Posts
Not bad! I have seen worst but since it a Honda there is a exception right there any other car SCREW them. stick to a JDM look just don't stuff the car with Heavy dark tints and right around busting out Drive By's late at night. Happy hunting with ur parts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I am going for that sleeper effect... Gettting tired of all the primer colored CRX's running around here... Anyways... Thanks for the idea chaos.. I'll look into the D16A1.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Tsunami said:
Hey all.. Just wondering if I could get some opinions on building up a 91' LX. It's all stock, except for the CAI. I'm wanting to swap in a DOHC ZC, 5spd transmission, and possible putting on a jackson sc... Just to say I'm not looking to make a beast out of it :D. As much as I would like to.. Highschool still getting in the way of having anything more than part time work... Alrighty.. Thanks all for your time..

My baby, a year ago.

LOL

it's me, 6 years ago!

Got my first civic when I was 15, put a DOHC ZC in my 88 LX when I was 16

·
6,710 Posts
here's what you do. On a weekend, since you probably use the car for school commuting...

DPFI to MPFI conversion, if you want to, snag a delta cam (262 or 272) and an adjustable cam gear.

That will keep you busy for a weekend and will be the best upgrade other than a turbo that you can do to your car right now.

·
6,710 Posts
got any more pics? That spoiler looks like the one i was going to get on my '91 sedan. Wings west or 90/91 teg (modded)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha its the OEM spolier off my friend's 93 accord... Yeah I got more pics somewhere...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the tail lights are back to OEM now anyways.. Insurance company was going to cancle my policy for them.. My brother is learning how to do auto painting right now and this spring he is supposed to be comming out to help me paint it.. Thinking about either midnight blue or jet black..

·
6,710 Posts
Tsunami said:
Well the tail lights are back to OEM now anyways.. Insurance company was going to cancle my policy for them.. My brother is learning how to do auto painting right now and this spring he is supposed to be comming out to help me paint it.. Thinking about either midnight blue or jet black..
YES!

You sir are awesome!

Midnight blue would be hot!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts