Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey:

So I've been thinking hard lately about switching to E85 on my car. Ill write out a mod list at the bottom of this thread but I was debating on wether I should stick with my in tank Walbro 255lph and add a Bosch 044 inline between the filter and fuel rail or just get a 340lph in tank?

The dyno the car is being tuned on reads ultra low so I'm not looking for Xhp just wondering what would be the best compliment to the modifications on the car. No point in getting a fuel system thats overkill for the turbo you have :)

Here is a basic mod list:

Block:
-75.5 Vitaras
-ACL bearings
-Endyn ported/shimmed pump
-oem micropolished crank
-ARP headstuds

Head:
-Supertech valves, retainers, springs
-Bisimoto 1.2 cam

Fuel:
-850cc/min FIC peak and hold injectors
-Walbro 255lph in tank

Turbo:
-38mm Tial wastegate
-Bullseye T3/T04E .57 trim journal bearing turbo
-3" stainless downpipe

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I saw Go-Autoworks is selling a Full-Blown 340lph in tank pump for $125. How does this compare with the Aeromotive pump? Ive never heard of Full-Blown before so I was wondering if going with Aeromotive would provide any extra insurance.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Full blown makes the dual pump hanger that fits in the stock location. What is you budget looking like for this? If it where me I would do the fullblown setup with the 340lph pumps. I have seen those support over 700hp on corn and its a pretty simple setup.

Or there is always the Walboro 400......

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Full blown makes the dual pump hanger that fits in the stock location. What is you budget looking like for this? If it where me I would do the fullblown setup with the 340lph pumps. I have seen those support over 700hp on corn and its a pretty simple setup.

Or there is always the Walboro 400......
Im pretty patient when it comes to saving and always want good parts for my car so budget isnt a huge factor I suppose. I definitely wouldnt considere spending something like $600+ on pumps/accessories though.

I did see the full blown setup online before and it looks pretty nice, how does it compare with the in tank walbro and inline bosch 044?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I run id 1000's and a 255 pump on e85but im only at 240 hp idk how much your shooting for but hopefully that helps ya

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Tron, your setup is VERY similar to what mine was :

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/131050-boost-i-trust-blk92_d16s-turbo-build-begins.html

I was on E85 with a single Walbro 255 in-tank, OEM fuel lines, OEM fuel filter, Russels Filter to rail SS line, Mr Gasket fuel rail, AEM FPR, & 1000cc Presicions. Setup ran flawlessly. Now with that said, I made a little over 400whp on a DynoJet-type dyno. You never listed what is your whp goal, because that will better dictate what pump you need. If your goal is <450whp, you'll be fine with a single Walbro 255. If over 450, definitely get the Aeromotive 340 pump.

Off the subject, but a word of advice. If you end up tuning on E85, please tell your tuner to be conservative on the timing. Don't end up like my tuning session and have the tuner blow your head gasket by running too much advanced timing.

So you going to actually finish the build this year? Lol!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah im hesitant to shoot for x whp because the dyno the shop i go to has reads really low. but id be happy with 400whp. im wondering if the twin 340s would be overkill for my setup. running one in tank 340 would def be nice and cheap...

and this thing is never going to be done ahhaha im already starting to plan paint :euro:

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Your 255 lp or hp?

A 340 in tank will support 400hp e85 just fine, but you probably ok with the 255.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
For the power you want to make and with the setup you already have, the 255 might just get the job done, if not pick up the full-blown one and call it a day. We've used countless setups before, walbro 255 with inline, full-blown with inline, the thing to keep in mind with the dual hangers is you won't be able to push double the power because you're running two pumps, an inline pump works better to get more fuel to the setup. If you run an inline, you need to upgrade the lines as well.

With that being said, make sure you do some research on e85, here is a great article
Injector Dynamics - Alcohol Article

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact us, we're a distributor of ID,full-blown, walbro and any other major company you can think of. Full-blown sells good products so rest assure, we're running a full blown pump with an inline on this setup , and we made over 700hp

Once again, if you have any questions feel free to give us a call, we do this day in and day out so its not new to us and we love to help others out here.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
If you want to be safe, get a 340 Walbro. But, you will be able to make 400whp with just a single in-tank Walbro 255...I did. :)

·
Tape-R taper/driver
574 Posts
Run a DW300 with a boost-a-pump and it would be able to handle upwards of 800hp on E85.

Check what Doug at Hondata uses in his 800hp RSX salt flat car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If your worried about over building a bit, you could do a surge tank inline as well...
drop in 255 to keep the surge tank filled with another 255 in the surge tank. in case one fails you have a backup...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts