Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering how you guys with eks are doing your intake air temp sensors with intercooler piping, its orginally in the intake piping by the throttle body, and in my old setup i used the stock ek one and jb welded it it, but now i have pretty go autoworks piping and i really dont wanna do that... i know the egs had a 2 bolt one that screwed into the manifold so i was thinking about bolting it into the piping with some lock nuts on the back side, and alot of loctite.. i still have a y8 so theres not one on my manifold before someone ask.. thanks ahead and merry christmas eve

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kool might have to lookinto the b20 thing, i woder if the pins are the same where i wont have to cut the wires and just switch them out,im not much of a aluminum welder but can you weld a regular honda steel nut to aluminum piping.. also what were b20s in, crvs?

·
Registered
98 ek hatch
30 Posts
i doubt steel will weld to alluminum because of different melting point, yes older crv's come with b20

·
Registered
ej2
1,388 Posts
take and drill a hole in your ic piping go to your local hardware store and get the correct size rubber grommet and put the grommet in the hole and stick your sensor in.

I even did this on a eg using a d15b7 IM. Just had to extend the wires a bit.

·
Registered
2004 Civic EX
58 Posts
take and drill a hole in your ic piping go to your local hardware store and get the correct size rubber grommet and put the grommet in the hole and stick your sensor in.
That is the way my car is setup and I havent had and issue.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you dont think this would leak with decent boost levels? this would be the easiest way and if it would not leak im all game but im a fan of doing somthing once and not doing it again..

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
That is the way my car is setup and I havent had and issue.
Boost leaks and under enough pressure you can blow it out.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
/\ this is what i was thinking, i think im going to drill a hole where the sensor is very hard to push in and neatly put some jb weld around, at leatst if it that fails ill just chip it off and find a aluminum nut to weld on

·
Registered
ej2
1,388 Posts
Boost leaks and under enough pressure you can blow it out.
True, but if that were to happen I just use some rubber adhesive. To be honest I put a rubber grommet in that was to big and the thing slipped at 14 lbs. Once in a while I just have to push it back in.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
surprisngly i found my short ram with the rubber groumet still in it and it took more than i would have thought to pull it out, i think it would be fine i just hate the idea of not being airtight

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
surprisngly i found my short ram with the rubber groumet still in it and it took more than i would have thought to pull it out, i think it would be fine i just hate the idea of not being airtight
jb weld the nut? then thread it in. At less it would be removable easily without chipping away at the jbweld. But give the groument a try and report back.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no pretty much what i did on my last setup was drill a hole that you could barely get the iat in then put a nice layer of jb weld around the base of it.. it worked great just was looking for somthing a little cleaner looking

jb weld the nut? then thread it in. At less it would be removable easily without chipping away at the jbweld. But give the groument a try and report back.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2004 Civic EX
58 Posts
My car runs at about 10psi and I have not had an issue with the sensor coming out, but if you are worried just use a little honda bond to hold it in place.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts