Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 EX Coupe
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at running an IAT gauge to see what my charger temps are. Does or has anyone run one or know about hooking one up. Thanks

·
Registered
Del sol
800 Posts
Just like any other gauge it will come with the appropriate sensor, install the sensor on your charge pipes. If you get an ems, (neptune, hondata, aem, etc) your laptop will show your IAT readings from the stock sensor, which can then also be shown on a tunerview display or something similar

·
Registered
94 EX Coupe
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to run it from my JRSC manifold not my CAI pipe. I already can see what they are from my Hondata, But I don't want to run around with my laptop all the time. So that's why I wanted live temp from the gauge.

·
Registered
Del sol
800 Posts
With a tunerview etc you don't need to carry a laptop and it uses your stock sensor. If you want to add a sensor to your intake manifold.... then you need to add a sensor to your intake manifold. You can cut and thread in a sensor, just make sure you properly clean it before you put it back in the car.

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
Most OEM temperature sensors are a variable ground resistance signal type. If you have any basic electronics / programming skills you could easily build one with a cheap Atmel or PIC microcontroller. If you were after the DIY approach that is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts