Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 si hatch i just got in a trade and when i got it the car was running and driving good just idle would jump from about 1k-1.5k rpms and i figured it was the iacv so i took it off and used a whole can of carb cleaner and it didnt help. Then a few days later as i was driving them temp got up so i shut the car down let it cool and took it home. Then i pulled the thermostat out and it wasnt seized but pretty gunked up i figured id get a new one and flush the system. I flushed it and filled it up and since i didnt have a new thermostat i didnt use on at all to drive to the parts store. And on rhe way i noticed that since the car wasnt getting to full temp it was real aggressive getting on and off the throttle no matter how lightly i touched the pedal. Since i put a new thermostat back in it has continued to not get up to temp until i start to drive it and jumps when i get on or off the throttle. Still chasing the idle problem as well. Maybe the idle is causing it to run like this now? Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.