Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have a 96 ej8 and its converted to obd1 via obd2a to obd1 conversion harness. I had no codes, no idle problems ran great.

I was moving the ecu around on the passenger side. Went to start up the car, i have the iacv check engine light, and it has the messed up idle around 1500rpms and it runs like crap. So i figured that was odd, the iacv went out. Tried a different, same exact thing.

So i was looking at the conversion harness and on the obd1 plugs on the conversion harness, i noticed A25 was just kinda shoved into the plug. I pulled it out and it notice the pin was broke. Looked it up and thats a power source, maybe for the iacv. I found a new pin, put it on the plug and wired it up, thinking that was my problem. I unplugged the ecu, unplugged the battery to clear the codes etc. Started it up no codes, went to drive it, and its still doing the same thing, fluctuating at 1500 and so on. I drove it,the CEL never came on, but its doing the same thing it did before.

I'm really stumped, I turned the key over, checked the voltage on both the wires on the iacv plug and they both were putting out 12+ volts. My only guess is my iacv randomly went out and the other one i have laying around is bad also? Please any input helps, its really irratating driving it the way it is. I also tried a different ecu, same thing.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
A25 is the power source for the ecu...one wire on the iacv has 12 volts and the other one goes to a9 at the ecu on the obd1 side..go over the whole jumper harness as i have seen a lot of them fail...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A25 is the power source for the ecu...one wire on the iacv has 12 volts and the other one goes to a9 at the ecu on the obd1 side..go over the whole jumper harness as i have seen a lot of them fail...
Thank you sirr, i looked over the jumper harness again and found some wires that were soldered and taped up. i pulled the tape off and notice the solder broke. All good now :bigok:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts