Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive got a 99ex motor in my car and i need the vtec plug.

well i broke my top vtec plug.

how can i get it to plug into that top grey connector?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah they told me they wouldnt cut up a perfectly good wiring harness for " one stupid plug"

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
you could always go ghetto rigged and just bypass the plug, hardwire the proper wires together, or solder on blade style male/female plugs instead....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could you elaborate a bit more on that approach?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohhhhhhh thats where you got me wrong. i dont have the plug. but i just bought a plug but ill be doing it to the vtec solenoid

you know the top connector with one pin?

how would i get a wire to stay on that... if i didnt have the "male" connector [idk what u would call it]

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
well, that's what I mean, why go through all the trouble to try and make the 'wrong' oem style plug work, just use individual blade style male/female plugs for each individual wire connection....you can get a variety pack for like 3 bucks at any autoparts store. Just make sure you solder all connections and use heat shrink

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are they called "blade style"?

rep for u btw

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
how familiar with automobile wiring are you? I don't know if the actual package will say 'blade style' but pretty much any male/female type connector will do the job. Just make sure they are automotive grade, do not do like some people and use audio grade wire or connectors under your hood!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ill stop by autozone and look like an idiot and ask its coo. lol

but im familiar with audio wiring

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i was going to ask that.

now would that end go onto the pin? or would the other connector out of that pair go on it?

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
well, I was just talking about doing away with both oem plugs, the one from the harness, and the one from the iacv, but now that it's a little clearer as to what you were talking about, I'm like duh, the iacv plug is right on the iacv, there are no wires to splice blade style plugs into. So, yeah, without the correct oem plug that goes into the iacv, I'm not sure what style plug will fit onto those pins. they are pretty small and thin. Have you checked the for sale section in here yet for a harness with the right plug? Or maybe post a want to buy ad for it? sorry about the misunderstanding, I wasn't on the same page for a second...lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well now we are talking about the vtec solenoid

do you think the blade style female connector will work on the one plug.

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
or hell, take that idea one step further, solder two wires onto the iacv connector pins, fill it with silicone, then use blade style plugs between the harness and iacv 'soldered wires' so at least you could unplug it if you needed to....

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
but I don't know if soldering directly to the iacv is such a good idea now that I think about it...lol it may get it too hot and damage it...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts