Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read all the stickies and they did not help. i have a code being thrown that says the aicv is bad and or something to do with the iacv.. so here is the question. i have replaced the iacv with a new denso one i have replaced the air temp sensor cause it was messed up .. i have recently replaced the dist.,plugs,wires,cap and rotor. plus i have had my valves adjusted and a compression test done and it was ok.so when i drive the car it is fine runs ok but when i let it sit at red light at idle it adles stable but then the check engine light comes on after 30 sec or so and it idles up to 1500 rpms and when i try to take off it cuts out unless i rev it up to like 3500 rpm .. which is killing my clutch, but if i turn the car off and back on it runs fine till i let it idle like that again... i was wondering if you guys could throw me some stuff that might be wrong with it . or similar experiences that have happened. i am completely out of ideas... thanks guys

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
a cel for the iacv circuit is just that. its telling you somethings wrong with the circuit not specifically the valve itself... get out the voltmeter and start checikn it out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts