Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm finishing up my swap/turbo whatever, and i have a few bugs to work out. one big one is the iacv cel i'm getting. the idle bobs really nicely from 1100 to 1200 rpms after warming up. is this a vacuum problem, or the iacv is dirty? i plan on going through the manual for possibilities, but thought i'd ask first, to get any helpful tips you guys may have from this.... thanks!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
need more info dude...but trust me, iacv is a flippin pain in the ass...ive been constantly gettin it for the past like 6 months...what management are you using? did you check all your vaccum lines and make sure everything is hooked up? did you by any chance maybe disrupt or adjust by accident anything in the throttle line (cable, adjusting screw, etc.)? post everything you did during this install too, that might make things easier...

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all i did was pull the motor from a 95 ex, and bolt it in my 93 dx. the im was never removed or anything. all the vacuum lines are connected, it's just throwing a code and bouncing the rpms a little. i've checked the plug wires and dist cap and vacuum lines and i don't know... i do know that it stops if i unplug the tps sensor, it just idles up and quits bobbing...

i just don't know if i can work on it, or if i need to swap t-bodies...

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
do you have an extra tps laying around u can try swapping that and see what happens? or maybe even just manually adjust your idle and see if it still throws code? those are a couple things ive been tryin, tps swap worked (thanks levi)

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if the tps is the same as my d15b7, i'll have to give that a shot. the idle is good and smooth, it just bobs. so annoying...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts