Honda D Series Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
update
decided to make the pcv valve hose shorter so the pcv sits better
Has the throttle stop screw on the bottom of the tb, the little allen/jamb nut combo been tampered with? Or possible the throttle are itself is bent?
update
decided to make the pcv valve hose shorter so the pcv sits better but i also noticed that hose above the pcv (i think the evap line) so i bent the hose clamp to close more and ziptied it started to car up and no obvious surging but once it gets hot every so ofter you can hear the car sorta blip like it wants to surge also when i give it gas and let off as the rpms come down it drops super low. drove the car around for 15 mins and same thing. when i got home no CEL but i scanned it and it had P0505 in it but i guess it wasnt at a point where it needed to throw. I FEEL LIKE IM CLOSE BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO this shit is so frustrating

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Did you toss your original iacv?
Only thing I can think of is the pcv hose stopping the surging when pinched. when it was surging so now I’ve got a new pcv grommet and hose from Honda should be in Tuesday sadly. Was going to get a pcv but it’s like 80$! When it’s 3 at any other parts store. Do you have any other suggestions? I also saw some where that oil will leak from there and I do have a leak I thought it was from the oil pan but I check the pcv box and I can’t see any leak but then again it’s hard to see

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,265 Posts
Without getting hands on it and a feel for what exactly it's doing now it's hard to say. now that it's more settled I might revisit ignition timing and base idle setting see if anything has changed there. I might change the oring on the pcv box and the idle bleed screw. Without the iacv plugged in idle should fall as the idle screw gets tuned in, pretty much until it dies, yours only going down to 1200 says air is getting in somehow, the loud hiss from the bleed hole says that it's flowing too much there, but hard to tell from a video.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Have you checked the idle screw o-ring? After that do the idle relearn, warm the car up, shut it off, pull iacv plug, start it, use idle screw to get idle at 550, check base ignition timing, adjust if needed, re adjust idle screw to 550, shut it down pull battery cables for 15 minutes, reconnect iacv and battery cables and restart, then just let it idle for 20 minutes or so.
So I tried this again I pulled the Iacv plug tried to get it to 550 I couldn’t go below 1200 then I hooked up the timing gun it was closest to the red mark with the dizzy maxed out clockwise. And i messed with the idle screw so idk which one to set first the dizzy or idle screw but I’ve also tried and nothing lets me get the idle below 1200ish. The car stoped surging since I messed with the pcv but it still surges when the CEL comes one and when it’s not on it idles high and sounds like it’s blipping kinda like it wants to surge

Without getting hands on it and a feel for what exactly it's doing now it's hard to say. now that it's more settled I might revisit ignition timing and base idle setting see if anything has changed there. I might change the oring on the pcv box and the idle bleed screw. Without the iacv plugged in idle should fall as the idle screw gets tuned in, pretty much until it dies, yours only going down to 1200 says air is getting in somehow, the loud hiss from the bleed hole says that it's flowing too much there, but hard to tell from a video.
Should I take the pcv box off and change both grommet and o ring that goes to block. Ya when I have the idle screw open like 1 turn and a half the idle hole hisses really loud when I touch throttle and when it’s closed some times I will change the o ring in the idle screw too. Is there a video I could make to help. And I just wanna say thank you very much for still helping me this long I really appreciate it. I wish I could show you in person you in cali haha jk

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,265 Posts
California specs call for 550-700 idle speed, get as close as you can to that, check and adjust timing, then recheck idle, if you need to adjust idle again than recheck the timing after, and on it goes until neither needs adjusted.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
California specs call for 550-700 idle speed, get as close as you can to that, check and adjust timing, then recheck idle, if you need to adjust idle again than recheck the timing after, and on it goes until neither needs adjusted.
Ok thanks again. And I will try all this Tuesday when I get the parts in. 15$ for a damn 4 inch hose. And 20$ for the grommet. At least Ik it will be oem. I’ll pull the pcv box and try to clean it and replace o ring in bleed screw and pcv box along with pcv grommet and hose

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Update
Changed the pcv box o ring and pcv grommet which the grommet was bad when I covered one side and blew into the other air would leak around the grommet. Started the car up waited for it to get hot. So was aiming for 500-700 idle so I was turning the screw got to like 950 then bottomed out the screw. So I went from 1200 to 950 which means that was the problem but it means there’s more ffs. No code for the first 15 mins of idle then as I unplug the scanner the CEL came on p0505. Erased it drove it around for 15 didn’t throw it so I went home turned it off scanned it and had a pending p0505 code. WHAT MORE DO I HAVE TO DO

also I bought a whole like 60 piece kit of o rings and didn’t have any for the idle screw so couldn’t change that one but I cover the hole with my thumb( the hole the screw is in) and no change at all so I don’t think it’s that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Now that it's idleing lower check base timing again.
Will do tomorrow.
was gonna say I did it already but I forgot to jump the connector. But also I turned the dizzy both ways max to see which way gives me lower idle and the lowest I could go was 850. And I thought if I have the idle screw closed all the waY the engine should almost die

Will do tomorrow.
was gonna say I did it already but I forgot to jump the connector. But also I turned the dizzy both ways max to see which way gives me lower idle and the lowest I could go was 850. And I thought if I have the idle screw closed all the waY the engine should almost die
Should I be considered with the idle screw closed all the way

61 - 80 of 92 Posts