Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a $500 1988 CRX. I have always wanted vtec and I was going to buy a b16. I just found out that there are also SOHC versions of it. I dont want to go over the top with spending but I do want vtec while I saving for a different motor. The motor runs great to have 200k miles on it.

My question is.... Are there any vtec heads that would fit on my stock block (I believe its a d15a)? If so, how much? Where can I find it? All i know is that I want vtec! And the louder the better! Plz help me.

Im kinda new at this whole vtec thing so any other things I should know feel free to let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I just spoke to someone and they informed me that it is possible but it would be expensive and too much trouble for not alot of difference. Is this true? They also told me that I should just just switch to multi-point injectors and just build the motor. I would gain a fair amount of hp and the engine would last forever. What you guys think?

·
Registered
408 Posts
So I just spoke to someone and they informed me that it is possible but it would be expensive and too much trouble for not alot of difference. Is this true? They also told me that I should just just switch to multi-point injectors and just build the motor. I would gain a fair amount of hp and the engine would last forever. What you guys think?
get a loud speaker and record a sound clip of vtec. and when you are driving just play it full blast

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Seriously you guys are fucking gay. Why are you laughing at the n00b.

Dude jdm 5 stage vtec is what you want.

·
Registered
173 Posts
get a loud speaker and record a sound clip of vtec. and when you are driving just play it full blast

hahaha made me laugh as well.

it actually is really that expensive you will prolly spend more money building the motor. wait i retrack my previous statemenet you will wpen more money. all you need is a head and a timing belt, andhead studs, then a vtec ecu. your car prolly doesnt have the wiring already there like the 92-95s but its still easy just tap in to another sensor for the oil presure sensor voltage and wire in the vtec selenoid witch is one wire. its half assed to an extent but works. i wish i had pics of my old motor i just took out he kid did the most hillbilly rigged vtec head swap im ever seen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
where in the heck would I buy that? And how much are we talking? Also, are there any other things that I would need to do the swap succesfully and make it last?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I heard they are workin on the 6 stage now adays... supposed to pop and kick in even louder then that stage 5. lol
not to get off topic but funny you guys are talking about stage 5 and 6 vtec. honda actually has a protoype S2000 with a v10 in it they had to section the car and add 3 in i believe down the center of it. along with the vtec v10 it has a 3 stage vtec i belive and one stage the cams actually move to retard or advance timing its is nuts.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
So I just spoke to someone and they informed me that it is possible but it would be expensive and too much trouble for not alot of difference. Is this true?
Yes.

VTEC is very overrated. Do a MPFI conversion, drop in an Si tranny, Si cam, and d16z6 intake manifold, and you're good to go.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts