Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just did a MPFI swap on my 89 civic and eveything is runnin smooth. i just got my tax return and lookin to turbo. My question is..Is there kit for my car that doesnt require me to change any of my internals(use my stock internals)???? Is there a homemade way i can turbo my d series. all i need is about 6-10lbs of boost. i will buy all the parts. can sum1 help the noob??

p.s. i already checked out homemadeturbo.com and its not really clear on how to setup a turbo....

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
ibtl :D

·
needs a D
290 Posts
no i dont steal and do u still have the EX manifold and the civic seats?????
are you trying to buy?, and a double post, thats not good. it looks like you need to reaserch a little more like others have said. and about the ecu you can't use a stock ecu unless you use a fmu, wich is not recomended do to the lack in tuning availability. what i would and most people on here would recomend is getting a chipped ecu, and then it looks like it would be best for you to find someone around your area to tune it for you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm kind of on the same track here. Wanting to turbo my g/f's d15b7 (94 civic hatch dx) and have been kinda looking around as to what's available. I've ran into some questions that I'm hoping someone on this board will be able to answer for me.

Are there any other aftermarket rods that can be used in the d15, other then the crowers? The crowers are just too spendy.... I was hoping that eagle or scat would have some. Is there a different (Honda) motor that the rods can be used from?

What pistons are you guys using for boost for the d15? Vitara's ? Which one's exactly are needed?

Why are people doing the Mini me's ? Doesn't the d15b head have the same number of valves and flow characteristics?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
I'm kind of on the same track here. Wanting to turbo my g/f's d15b7 (94 civic hatch dx) and have been kinda looking around as to what's available. I've ran into some questions that I'm hoping someone on this board will be able to answer for me.

Are there any other aftermarket rods that can be used in the d15, other then the crowers? The crowers are just too spendy.... I was hoping that eagle or scat would have some. Is there a different (Honda) motor that the rods can be used from?

What pistons are you guys using for boost for the d15? Vitara's ? Which one's exactly are needed?

Why are people doing the Mini me's ? Doesn't the d15b head have the same number of valves and flow characteristics?
Crower is the only one that makes 1.5 rods

pistons will depend on the block, head, rods, and crank

mini-mes are popular because of the compression bump you get. as well as the mad tyte vtak!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.