Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im new to this site and i want to boost my d16z6 ive done a compression test i read 180 on cylinder 1,3,4 and on cylinder 2 i read 120 so i know im gonna need new piston rings maybe pistons and rods?? my question is what pistons should i use and what rods i dont really have a lot money and want to get my block right before i boost it.. i want to get alteast 180-200 whp what do you recommend? any help i would appreciate and i will post up pics of everything i do. the car is a ef hatch which im still trying to convert the ecu harness to obd1

·
Registered
2007 Dodge ram
293 Posts
with that horse power goal in mind you could just do a simple stock rebuild and be ok... With a good tune the Z6 lower end is good till about 220hp and 160-170ft lbs of torque... If you plan on shooting for more ponies then the cheapest way out is using the FJdistributors kit.... comes iwth pistons, rings, rods, bearings and all major engine seals at a great price... Check his site for more info...

FJ Distributors

For $569 you cant beat this price...

·
Banned
55 Posts
with that horse power goal in mind you could just do a simple stock rebuild and be ok... With a good tune the Z6 lower end is good till about 220hp and 160-170ft lbs of torque... If you plan on shooting for more ponies then the cheapest way out is using the FJdistributors kit.... comes iwth pistons, rings, rods, bearings and all major engine seals at a great price... Check his site for more info...

FJ Distributors

For $569 you cant beat this price...
:bigok:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts