Honda D Series Forum banner

i want the easy way: dpfi to mpfi

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  89crxz6 
#1 ·
like said below im working on a mpfi conversion first of all ive seen a whole bunch of sites on how to do it, some are easy some are hard,some work some just guess how to do it. could someone give me a site that shows the easiest way to go about it. im pretty sure i got everything i need.the only thing i dont quite understand is why u need to swap dizzies. my friend GAVE me one that he says came off of a mpfi engine but its looks identical tomine so how canu tell the differance. i also like the idea of web site that some one has used and knows it works

#2 ·
The easiest way is to sell your car and get an Si. If you still want to swap yours, search.

#4 ·
yea i looked at that one too. what does it mean by pick tools and how exactly do u depin the wires from the ecu harness...te the distributer thing

#8 ·
yeah but if your like me and only have one harness your gonna have to pay like 300 bucks for this to happen cause a DX harness they charge $80 and a Si one is like 110 plus the 160 they charge to do it PLUS the shipping costs trust me I already looked into and I know your gonna say go to junkyard and find one cheaper but I rule that as an unknown cost especially if they don't have a si car readilly available for you to rip the harness and all the associated bullshit that goes along with that type of thing. I see Rywire as a gauranteed thing. It just costs you an arm a leg and a penis.

#15 ·
http://www.4gcivic.net/wp/?page_id=4

yeah this is the best mpfi writeup ever.

i've done the swap and it isn't that difficult, if you want to do it yourself, do it. Just read up and understand what needs to be done.

Realize you are modifying the stock dpfi harness by splicing in parts from the mpfi harness. Why are you doing this? Because the shock tower plugs are different on the mpfi harness, nullifying it from plugging right in.

#16 ·
ok im at the depinning the ecu wires now. i got thewhite clips of but i don know how te pry the wires out. is there a technique or something

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.