Honda D Series Forum banner
161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Formerly weebeastie
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
If you don't mind me asking, what's that screw on the IACV doing exactly, and how do you adjust it?
There is a spring behind it that holds tension on the internal valve. By cranking it down you can actually hold open the internal valve. Reasons you should not adjust this screw and just clean the IACV if you are having issues. This one was cranked down so hard that the internal valve (that is supposed to be activated by coolant temperature) was actually stuck wide open and now will not close. I’ll make a winter project of disassembling it to try and fix it.

Reactions: Sidney

·
Registered
28 Posts
the internal valve (that is supposed to be activated by coolant temperature)
Wait, really, there is some another valve? i though it's just a plunger on a spring and magnetic coil. So this means it has to have coolant plumbed to it to work properly? So those tiny coolant hoses aren't just so it doesn't freeze up in winter?
Thanks for the explanation, I would never think of this.

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
158 Posts
Cant say ive seen a zc at a wreckers in the last 10 years (or any ef crxs)
stop the count, there is a ef crx as of today!!!

I was prepared to pay the moon beans and a car as a trade for a price i hadnt even recieved.. i had the message half typed out until i got the pictures of a ex dirt bashing, de reg'd, smashed up, stripped out crx that had absolutely no way of return or even good parts, no good bumpers or panels... the only good part was the ecu of which the car had been outside in the rain (so who knows if it was even good) even the box and motor was stuffed :(

so theres hope still for me to get one, it might just take another 10 years..

·
Formerly weebeastie
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Have yet to install these, but found these in the great abyss of marketplace last week. Had to drive 3.5 hours one way and take my little man with me, but it was worth it. If you know anything about CRX seats right now, they are bringing beyond premium and have ventured into the realm of insanity in price.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Comfort Wood

Furniture Automotive tire Chair Tire Automotive design

Nearly zero wear, only a small rail issue that needs to be addressed and then they will go into the CRX. Picked them up for an amazing price, comparatively speaking.

·
Formerly weebeastie
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Not feeling the greatest today, but was tired of being non productive, so I just jumped on it.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle door

I guess I'll have to vacuum it now and put in some floor mats lol. Clean seats and different door panels, making it look nicer inside. Now its just down to the dash looking crappy.

161 - 175 of 175 Posts