Honda D Series Forum banner
141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
They are!?! I have dozens of them just laying around. All this time, i could've been a thousandaire
I mean I’d pay postage for a set lol!!! But yeah, they’ve gotten stupid here in the states. Maybe I should build up a wishlist from down under. Clear 88-89 corners for a wagon, fender lights for 89 CRX, every spare upper timing cover you can find for a blacktop ZC, I’m sure I could come up with more. Oh yeah, any ZC gear sets from a cable trans laying around.

but seriously though lol

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Work going in..........

So this past weekend I went and picked up a junker hatchback that had title issues, so I bought it strictly for parts and to be crushed. It came with a great running DOHC ZC, and what was supposed to be an Si transmission. While the car actually had a lot more going for it, the trans was actually from a wagon. It had a 4.05 final drive in it. So I split it and put a 4.25 FD in it, so I basically made an Si trans out of spare parts.

So I pulled that Sunday early before lunch, and then today I pulled the B7 out of my HF, and the swap begins. Waiting on a flywheel (90-91 so I can run the bigger clutch) and she'll be going back together.

Here's the parts hatch. It had several goodies to be parted. Good seats, good doors, good door panels, good carpet, a hood, those jankish wheels, rear LCA's, adjustable front UCA's, braided stainless steel brake lines, full EBay 2.25" exhaust, the janky 3D printed projector/scoop right headlight, and something I never expected to find in one of these......

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

A nearly new Hybrid Racing shifter. Literally zip tied in. I guess he just didn't know how to install it, so he just jammed it with the zip ties.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface Automotive lighting Bumper

That will be going into the CRX, most assuredly.

Pulled the engine and trans, suspension back under it and out the door she went.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt

Death rattle crank pulley must go, but it all cleaned up nicely and when I tested compression it was literally 200 across the board.

Plant Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Gauge

So tonight, out came the worn out D15b7 and Hf trans

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Time to clean up the engine bay now and prep for install

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Waiting on a flywheel and thats about it........

Found one via Talon's recommendation to check NAPA online! Wow! Couldn't believe they had one in stock and it was only $76. It should be here tomorrow and then it will all start going back together. She'll start out stocker obd0, then morph to obd1 with COP, then the built (getting built now) DOHC ZC will go in and so will a G25-550. Til then, this will clean up a little more and be in there to have fun with.

Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Mode of transport

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,966 Posts
Kind of what I was thinking. I have rust free fenders with stupid holes in them. OE lights are like $200+ on eBay, so that aint happening, nor is sourcing different fenders at this point. Maybe one day. But for now, lights. Maybe I put blue bulbs in there and put them on a strobe switch........hahahahahahahaha

Ways to get pulled over quickly lol
Just use red light and Play Roxanne by the Police on the radio!

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Just use red light and Play Roxanne by the Police on the radio!
Yeah, then it'll be like the gas station from hell in Missouri that I stopped at on the 7,000 mile trip. No judgment, but the two guys that came out of one stall giving me the eye, then the skeeter bo that was at the sink eyeballing my backside, the 7 foot Sasquatch that said how you doin, or the scared young girl at the register that looked like she was scared for her life........ I've already attracted the wrong kind of attention, and they all already thought I was selling...........so.........yeah......maybe no putting out the red light..........hahahahaha

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
1,132 Posts
I mean I’d pay postage for a set lol!!! But yeah, they’ve gotten stupid here in the states. Maybe I should build up a wishlist from down under. Clear 88-89 corners for a wagon, fender lights for 89 CRX, every spare upper timing cover you can find for a blacktop ZC, I’m sure I could come up with more. Oh yeah, any ZC gear sets from a cable trans laying around.

but seriously though lol
I'm always on the hunt! But it's a dry baron desert over here. I think we're down to about 20 registered wagons in the whole of Australia lol. On the plus side, it's a good small community (in a massive country).

Awesome find with that hatch! Those 3D printed headlight thingo's are actually worth quite a bit of money new. I can't think of the brand off the top of my head, but if it's printed on the housing try searching it on FB.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
I'm always on the hunt! But it's a dry baron desert over here. I think we're down to about 20 registered wagons in the whole of Australia lol. On the plus side, it's a good small community (in a massive country).

Awesome find with that hatch! Those 3D printed headlight thingo's are actually worth quite a bit of money new. I can't think of the brand off the top of my head, but if it's printed on the housing try searching it on FB.
It is. Now my curiosity is peaked : )

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
It's been stupid hot during the ay and my shop was literally 105 with high humidity for most of the afternoon. I had a lot of errands to run today. Picked up the new flywheel from Napa, ordered other parts, secured use of a dyno, hit the Snap on truck, etc., etc., etc.

So when we got home from supper at around 7, I decided to just go ahead and get that ZC in the CRX.

First I sprayed the bay black because the white was so stinking dingy and it just wouldn't come clean. Even after multiple cleanings and even a pressure washer being involved.

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Thanks to Robert at Hush I got this set of Hasport mounts for the car. Glad to have new mounts and anxious to see how they perform.

Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Rim Metal Machine

What is that I see down in the intake lower resonator??

Automotive tire Headgear Motor vehicle Personal protective equipment Automotive wheel system

Sure enough it was somebody's long lost Pittsburgh 10mm. Sheesh, so that's where that 10mm went ahahahahahah. I can hear that old ******* now. Where the F is my 10. Ya'll done took it F'n around with me. Imma kill you sumbitches over this..........hahaha

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

While it was going in, I thought that I had lopped off the CPS pigtail/plug, but that wasn't exactly true. She came with issues I didn't know about.

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Electrical wiring

Found this on the other end........

Gas Wood Wrist Art Jewellery

Mangled solder where someone tried to fix it. I should've known by the rubber hose someone shoved over the pigtail to "protect" it.

Either way. I thought about quitting off, but then just went on and got it 90% done. It was fairly cool tonight. Still humid but much cooler that during the day. Still waiting on axle seals from Honda, pick them up in the morning, so they will go on tomorrow, axles back in and then its start up time. Hope to be cranking around 10AM or so in the morning.

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
nice probably plumbing solder..

you gonna crimpit or lame solder attempt it?or maybe the ace up the sleeve new/used sensor?
I cleaned that ugly wire up best I could, fluxed it, tinned it, twist solder joint that still didn't want to take solder because of its nastiness from years of a poor connection. And heat shink wrapped it afterwards. Then some tape to add a little rigidity and then hooked it up. So far it works just fine.

She's running today. Had to wait for Axle seals from Honda. They came first thing this morning so I put those in, then slammed it all back together. While that was going on, my knock off traction bar, that isn't a horrible knock off came in. So it went on. I still need a front mount bracket, but so far, other than some idle issues, and needing a clutch adjustment for this new clutch. Overall it sounds and runs pretty great. No heating issues, even though its like the 3rd level of Dante's Inferno out there. And oil pressure looks good. Now, do I put the Rover cover on now or wait? lol.

Reactions: EFB055

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Took a chance on this at $100. No, the Heim joints aren't as nice as the Innovative ones, but everything else is, so..........

on it went.

Wood Gas Composite material Auto part Metal

Household hardware Gas Nickel Metal Auto part

I was surprised that these radius rods were just as heavy and stout as the original. I've owned several of these bars over the years. These seemed identical in feel and construction.

Automotive design Automotive tire Bumper Vehicle Grey

Hand tool Tool Household hardware Bicycle part Composite material

Overall, it looks decent enough. I'm gonna rock it.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Got up early to beat the heat. Still warm, but I did get quite a bit done this morning.

Installed this EDM Rover cover this morning along with a Hybrid Racing shifter that I sourced from the parts car that I picked up a few days back (where I also sourced the DOHC ZC).

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Grille

Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Cylinder Gas Machine

Automotive tire Gas Auto part Composite material Engineering

Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive tire Automotive design Steering wheel

Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

Slowly but surely. Next will be paint and body.

What are yalls thoughts on the wheel stick out with these Enkei's? It isn't awful.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Had to fix an oil leak under the car this morning early. Come to find out Honda sold me the wrong drivers side axle seal. It was about .5 mm too big, so I just hit the parts store and got a National seal. It worked great. After that repair the car was idling funny and it didn't seem like it could maintain idle at all. Was idling around 2k rpms. So I took the IACV loose and cleaned it. Hahahahahaha. Little did I know, it wouldn't like that. Cranked it back after bleeding the coolant system and it wanted to idle at 3k rpm lol. Went off and did some other work including adding the front mount bracket I got in from Innovative today, then back on to the IACV. I pulled it off and it was stuck wide open, then I noticed that the adjustment screw had been messed with. Then it struck me, stop cleaning, and just put the spare on it. So I did and now idle is back down close to normal. If its idle related on a Honda, its always IACV related. Whether thats low coolant, or a bubble in the coolant system, or like this one, just an overly adjusted IACV that got stuck. I'll boil it out one day and get it fixed and readjusted via the FSM.

Wood Tool Table Gas Machine

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire

Torque mount, check.

Finger Wood Tool Nickel Auto part

Noticed how much the screw was adjusted, so I switched gears from cleaning to simply replacing. Why do people do things to cars when they have no idea what they are doing.........

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 · (Edited)
So you bought the ZC/B series seal, They had that fixed in EPC a while ago after I sent 20 of then back.
Yep. That’s exactly what it looked like. Made for a half shaft/stub axle and not the normal long, knock in axle. Second time it’s happened to me. I just forgot about it from last time until it leaked lol. I think last time it happened I thought that I had put the seal in crooked and blamed myself. Never compared seals. I did this time. (We are talking like 5 years ago or something). I had bought National seals for a while and decided to use Honda again. I’ll get after him fixing the part number.

141 - 160 of 161 Posts