Honda D Series Forum banner
121 - 140 of 161 Posts

Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
Roof dosent really need to be fully intact does it? How much exactly of the front floorboards and spare tire compartment need to be there? 2 candidates for under $250 so far 不 不 不

Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
Im serious dude. How cheap can you buy a good running ZC engine in a salvage yard in Australia?
Anything older than an EK is long since extinct in wreckers unfortunately. The ZC's only came in the CRX, and only in one spec. So they've always been a collector car and never really ended up in wreckers.

Registered
EJ1 Coupe
Send me some parts my Aussie friend. Unlike you all, it never came in anything stock here in the US, so we have to buy either the leftover scraps that someone has likely blown up before, or we buy one of the few imports that still get shipped into the US.
We talked about Barra's, but I'd take a ConEX container full of ZC's as well. Motors and transmissions. We'd make money. Trust me we'd make money lol.
That literally is the only thing holding me back from building a ZC right now. Already sourced the Wiseco pistons and rods needed to do it.

Anything older than an EK is long since extinct in wreckers unfortunately. The ZC's only came in the CRX, and only in one spec. So they've always been a collector car and never really ended up in wreckers.
Just chiming in from NZ, EKs if you're lucky you will see one at a yard, but its usually a 1300 CVT spec.

Cant say ive seen a zc at a wreckers in the last 10 years (or any ef crxs), EG hatches maybe 5 over that timeframe and id say maybe the same for ef civics (which were alway carby auto) give or take maybe 3-4 db/dc integras (usually a sohc zc)

Sure we were once a land of jdm, but it all got exported years ago, these days its nearly to the point of importing things in from USA just to be able to get the parts.

I'd love an EF crx, but anything cheap (usually 7-10k) has dead plates, or is carby, auto (goodluck finding a manual conversion for one) and will be missing parts that they havent been able to source. anything complete and running is moon beans

Brokedick Millionaire
Im serious dude. How cheap can you buy a good running ZC engine in a salvage yard in Australia?
Not cheap, Aussie's have a fucked up tax system, but I know a Kiwi that used to be on here. aka Jeff at GearX, I'll take him to dinner some day! James O. who worked at Gearspeed and Synchrotech now has his own space at Kiwi's space.

Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
Not cheap, Aussie's have a fucked up tax system, but I know a Kiwi that used to be on here. aka Jeff at GearX, I'll take him to dinner some day! James O. who worked at Gearspeed and Synchrotech now has his own space at Kiwi's space.
The price to pay for decent healthcare, haha.

Formerly weebeastie
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
An update from the road. Been on a road trip with a friend going on a week now. Been to a bunch of states so far, been all over North Dakota, but made a detour to Minnesota yesterday to pick these up.
Grey Gas Plastic bag Auto part Plastic wrap

Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Wood Electronic instrument

A former member from here that Ive known for a while had these DOHC ZC parts in storage. He made me a good deal on the Rover cover, a complete ZC head, and a block. Block may have to go 76mm so it might not be usable (can only get Wisecos in 75 and 75.5mm for a DOHC ZC). Either way, I felt he gave me a great deal and now I have building blocks for the CRX. PG6 pistons can handle about 400 before the ring lands go poof. Its more a matter of heat building up on the piston crowns that kills them, so we shall see. Would love to be forged right off the bat even if the car rolls N/A for just a bit til I get everything sorted.

Also had this (Canucks chime in, there was gravy, cheese curds, fries; is it authentic?)

Food Tableware Table Plate Dishware

Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
looks fuckin' stingy on the curd and the fries don't hardly look greasy enough ,

I think what you have there is fries with gravy and cheese..

BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
ewww

Formerly weebeastie
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
So I went with my dad today to look at/pick up a trans (mid 60s Saginaw 4 speed from a GTO we think) for his 56 Chevy and Im standing at the garage door at this tow shop and look over to see these色.

Furniture Automotive tire Luggage and bags Human body Bag

I kind of play dumb and say. What are those seats out of? Guy says, some old CRX. I say, do you have plans for them, he says they were going in his Nova but wouldnt fit, then before I can ask he says hes gonna pitch them in a crush car, and then says: Why do you want them? I said, if theyre trash, Ill take them off your hands. He loads them up with the trans we bought and off we go. Sure the one seat looks gamey and sure they were both soaked, but I dont care. The baskets and tracks alone cost a mint now.

So the moral of the story is this with CRXs right now. If asking most honda fanboys, they want a mint, the rest of the world says, oh that old crap? its free, you can just have it to get it out of my way.

Big things coming for both cars.

Formerly weebeastie
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Started in on on the quarter repairs in this nasty heat. Basically working early in the morning and late at night. Ordered the patch panels, got them in, and cut out what I needed for the repair. I've learned in past, don't cut out more than you need, but do cut out what you need. Drivers side worked out great. Passenger side wanted to be a bit of a punk. The stock metal was thinner than I thought it was and it kept blowing through at the back of the repair. It happens, and that's the beauty of using a MIG welder. It can penetrate well and build up when you have a blow through. Just means a little more grinding and a little more fiberglass work on the back end. Here are some pictures of the work:

Three little rust pin holes up high and one near the bottom on Drivers side. Patch didn't go high enough or match the tail light pocket at all, else I would've replaced more metal here because of dents.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Tread

Land vehicle Lightning Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Wood

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Car

Updates once the body work and grinding are finished. Still a little rough in these pictures, but just needs more metal work done on it.

Formerly weebeastie
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Finished welding early this morning, took off the afternoon because of heat. Went back tonight to grind out the metal and then start in with filler. Still needs blocking and finish work for the repair, but overall we are getting there.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

While I was waiting for filler and putty to dry, I fit the fender mount lights. Thoughts?

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Thoughts?

• Love
Reactions: Sidney and robgoof

Formerly weebeastie
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
I probs would've tried to match the stock location, but they look fine. Bodywork is looking good!
On the fender lights? Yeah, the holes were already there, so it was kind of like fill them with something or leave the open holes lol

Formerly weebeastie
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
That is the only time I above of fender lights! Fill the hole!
Kind of what I was thinking. I have rust free fenders with stupid holes in them. OE lights are like $200+ on eBay, so that aint happening, nor is sourcing different fenders at this point. Maybe one day. But for now, lights. Maybe I put blue bulbs in there and put them on a strobe switch........hahahahahahahaha

Ways to get pulled over quickly lol

121 - 140 of 161 Posts