Honda D Series Forum banner
181 - 188 of 188 Posts

· Formerly weebeastie
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
I'd like to know too, my car does similar. Looks like you are coming along with it tho, well done dude.
Thanks man

Id be looking for high resistance in map, iat, or ect signal wires to the ecu, though i guess if the alt is the same as was on the b7 that could potentially be an issue as well.
Those are great suggestions. Wiring looks good, but I'm to the point now where I almost think it must be wiring or the alternator. I did solder on a new ECT plug because the wires were naked at the end and I almost thought they were touching causing a short there eschewing the signal to the ECU, but no change after the plug was changed.

I even thought maybe someone had played a cruel joke on the former owner and slightly crushed the fuel return line or something. But after visibly inspecting the return line, I found nothing of the sort. Just an oddity, but it will eventually get tracked down and fixed. Then I can daily the car.

· Registered
4d EG manual rack/trans low n slow
353 Posts
I'm having the hardest time getting fuel trims right, very slight throttle position change can go from good to rich as hell, and I'm lost, plus now I think the wideband sensor is going out, lol

· Formerly weebeastie
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
I'm having the hardest time getting fuel trims right, very slight throttle position change can go from good to rich as hell, and I'm lost, plus now I think the wideband sensor is going out, lol
Which gauge/sensor? Does it require a clean air calibration?

· Registered
353 Posts
X series AEM, I think LSU 4.9, it's not supposed to, I think it got messed up from too rich, I'm too noob in the tuning side and there's no Dyno tuner within 50 miles without a 6 month wait, so I'm winging it, and poorly apparently.
Edit
I can't find anything helpful in learning to use HTS, with enough info for the settings.

· Formerly weebeastie
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
X series AEM, I think LSU 4.9, it's not supposed to, I think it got messed up from too rich, I'm too noob in the tuning side and there's no Dyno tuner within 50 miles without a 6 month wait, so I'm winging it, and poorly apparently
The X series doesn't require it. Have you pulled fuel on the fuel maps to see what changes? Do you have a Moates Ostrich and Hulog? And did you connect the Wideband to the ECU? And did you change the scalar in the tuning software for the AEM Wideband?

· Registered
353 Posts
I have a Demon2, when I drop fuel 2 points it seems to run into the 15.6 range, and when I adjust the spots where it's rich I get terrible idle, stalls, etc and I'm terrified of popping my head gasket even tho I'm still NA, and it's why I haven't put the T28 setup on it yet

Dm'd ya

· Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,830 Posts
I have a Demon2, when I drop fuel 2 points it seems to run into the 15.6 range, and when I adjust the spots where it's rich I get terrible idle, stalls, etc and I'm terrified of popping my head gasket even tho I'm still NA, and it's why I haven't put the T28 setup on it yet
I experienced similar issues.

When you disconnect/reconnect to the Demon2 with your laptop, are you downloading the tune from the Demon each time in order to populate the UI with your tune values/parameters?

181 - 188 of 188 Posts