Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read the sticky about cam gears. Let me see if I have this right.

I have a b7 botom end and a z6 head with stock z6 cam gear and a z6 belt. I know the timing is not on all the way. So if i read it right i need a y7 or y8 cam gear to correct it?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
then you should be good.... unless you took off some from the block milling then timing should be spot on

best bet is an adjustable cam gear tho:)

·
Registered
226 Posts
You first post was right, you need the y7/y8 to get the right timing because of the deck height difference. The hg and 20 thou mill is less than 1 degree off at the cam so dont worry about it.

·
Registered
95 hatch
1,104 Posts
I don't understand how the deck height is different, you use the b7 head studs for the z6 head/b7 block combo, meaning they're the same height. . . i guess?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
OEM Y cam gear and be done.

What is my past 5 years of posting this makes this confusing?

Please tell the confusing issues so I can clear it up!.........or make another 10,000 posts asking WHY!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You need a y8 cam gear because the block/stroke is shorter. I believe the y8 vs. z6 cam gear are 1/2 a tooth different, 4.5* maybe?

Anyway, when I swapped from a d15b cam to a z6 cam on my 1.5, I had to swap to a y8 cam gear... It is 100% related to deck height.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You need a y8 cam gear because the block/stroke is shorter. I believe the y8 vs. z6 cam gear are 1/2 a tooth different, 4.5* maybe?

Anyway, when I swapped from a d15b cam to a z6 cam on my 1.5, I had to swap to a y8 cam gear... It is 100% related to deck height.
He asked that question about headbolts

1 - 20 of 21 Posts