Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what up peeps its been a while since i've been around. i've been here just lurking in the back. trying to get inspiration to build again. but it seems there isn't anymore fire, like the way it used to be. until i found it some where else... instagram.

so as some know of ya know this will be my 4th time building a DOHC ZC engine: all three of them die the same way. stripped timing belt, etc. so when i started putting a shopping list for this build, it dawned on me. i've been using the wrong timing belt. instead of using a 1988 Prelude 2.0 Si belt, i used the 1986–89 Acura Integra D16a1 belt. it was one of those not paying attention and a very expensive lesson too.

so let me put this in perspective my car died in June of 2012 and here we are in June of 2018 starting a new build. a lot has to do with the person i was with and the person i am with now.

so here's whats up on deck.

i'll add more when i'm getting more done.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to see an OG getting back in the saddle. Block looks sexy!
thanks man. it took sometime before i was inspired to get in the game again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
remoer im in the same boat. its been 10 years since the last time i got into these zc builds. let me get this right, your saying use the 88 prelude timing belt NOT the integra belt right? does it matter that im running 34/17 tooth cams and crank? vs. 40/20?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts