Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay just strapped my iPhone 4S to the bottom of my ACE RC whizard. I do apologize it being vertical but is was a lot more secure that way.

I'm pretty sure I need to run a bigger prop, I did have a bigger prop on it with the phone, and it flew good but it seemed a little to much but with the added weight if a iPhone 4S with a Griffen case I think a bigger prop will smooth everything out untill I get a keychain camera.

Enjoy

UPDATE AS OF 2 November (today)HERE IS FROM A LITTLE EARILER WHEN I WENT FLYING. Should be less shaky

Here is the setup

update as of today 7Nov

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts
Reminds me of this vid when it first came out. Only yours is cooler

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
cool to do some spying, was getting dizzy and scare. Felt as if i was in the plane and it was about to crash.

Cool never the less!!

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha that's awesome. My dad and I have a youtube channel full of our RC aerial videos. Fun stuff.
I agree now I need to get some more footage

cool to do some spying, was getting dizzy and scare. Felt as if i was in the plane and it was about to crash.

Cool never the less!!

Once I get some better radio equipment and a lighter camera ill get some better videos, you know footage that doesn't make you sick lol.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will once you buy it for me lol. JK once I get into larger planes ill get something that baller

For the larger planes, I use a GoPro camera, for the smaller ones, I buy the keychain spy camera.

Mini HD DV Spy Car Keychain Slim Video Audio Camera w 8GB Memory Card | eBay

Ralph
Once I get some spare cash I'm going to get a #16 keychain camera for what planes I have now.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
vid made me dizzy as hell but was badass. ive always wanted a radio controlled plane or chopper. never got one tho.
I started just a few weeks ago with a park flyer. It was great to learn on. They are on 90$

I was going to put one of these on my cat:
Mini DV DVR Hidden Spy Video Smallest Camera Voice Recorder MD80 4GB Micro SD | eBay

Then there are also these wireless cams that would be cool to maybe use to fly the plane from a monitor?
New Mini Wireless Micro Spy Video Camera 2 4GHz Complete Package | eBay
That wireless system is pretty awesome thanks for the link.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The 808 keychain cam is what I use. Check out my vids, It's actually not too bad at all. Sligthly less quality wise than a go pro but almost the same category and for 10 shipped! Alot of the older videos on my page are from using a different camera but you can tell the good quality ones are the 808 keychain cam. Impact240sx's channel - YouTube PS we don't fuck around, my dad likes to fly as high as possible, we have some good shots on there lol

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I agree now I need to get some more footage

Once I get some better radio equipment and a lighter camera ill get some better videos, you know footage that doesn't make you sick lol.
This will be sick to use on an open fiel concert like a coliseum or football field, or at a drag racing event or even better, spring break at Miami LOL. Be cool if the camera can be control separate from the plane that way you don't have to worry about both at the same time.

·
Premium Member
89 CRX Si
1,041 Posts
This is a great idea...

Take hundreds of thousands of iPhone 4 owners wanting to upgrade to the iPhone 5, some duct tape and a bunch of RC planes, and you've got your own surveillance drone fleet!

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This will be sick to use on an open fiel concert like a coliseum or football field, or at a drag racing event or even better, spring break at Miami LOL. Be cool if the camera can be control separate from the plane that way you don't have to worry about both at the same time.
Agree, I'm trying to get to the point I can fly along the road at about 30ft

This is a great idea...

Take hundreds of thousands of iPhone 4 owners wanting to upgrade to the iPhone 5, some duct tape and a bunch of RC planes, and you've got your own surveillance drone fleet!
Lol, for some reason that makes me thing of the terminator.

The 808 keychain cam is what I use. Check out my vids, It's actually not too bad at all. Sligthly less quality wise than a go pro but almost the same category and for 10 shipped! Alot of the older videos on my page are from using a different camera but you can tell the good quality ones are the 808 keychain cam. Impact240sx's channel - YouTube PS we don't fuck around, my dad likes to fly as high as possible, we have some good shots on there lol
Awesome videos man. How does the 808 compare to a #16? I'm still testing the range on my radio. It's nothing fancy a HITEC optic 6 fm radio.

I'm updating my 1st post with my newest video from today.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Awesome videos man. How does the 808 compare to a #16? I'm still testing the range on my radio. It's nothing fancy a HITEC optic 6 fm radio.

I personally have the 808 #11 and it does fine. The good looking videos on my page are all with my dads 808#16 which is the best one I believe. Plug it up to your usb, charge it for about 45 mins the first time go. I know they will record forever. My uncle crashed his f16 jet with one of our cams on it. Lost it in some heavy brush, took us 6 hours to find it and it was still recording when I got it. Only down side the size of the videos. Making a 15 min video is almost a gig.

Just watched you other vid, you def need a key chain cam. That plane would fly SO much better with it over that heavy phone lol. You can find comparisons online of the #16 vs the GoPro and it's pretty damn close really.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts