Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting an Ostrich 1.0 and Hulog tomorrow. I'll be using Crome free for now. This will be going in an EG hatch w/
d16 block
y8 head
z6 cam w/adjustable gear

I don't have a wideband yet but I'd like to get everything hooked up and checked out.

Will I be safe running the P28 basemap that comes with crome until I get my wideband?

I'm going to use the P70 base map with the fuel/ignition maps from the P28 copied over

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So not safe to run a stock map?

Crome doesn't allow the extra features on a P28 bin for some reason.

But, if you open a P70 bin and copy all of the maps it will

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
but its 99% stock......... use stock z6 maps

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
but what Im getting at is, if its stock, throwing a tune at it wont do much to improve power. may get you better mpg but sounds like a waste of time.....unless you have something up your sleeve

·
Registered
420 Posts
See no reason not too. After taking off my turbo set up a few weeks ago my car is basically a stock non VTEC d15 running on a standalone ecu so do it

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but what Im getting at is, if its stock, throwing a tune at it wont do much to improve power. may get you better mpg but sounds like a waste of time.....unless you have something up your sleeve
I'm putting together a turbo kit. I want to be able to learn how to tune before I put the turbo on. I figured learning on an stock motor would be a good way to learn.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
See no reason not too. After taking off my turbo set up a few weeks ago my car is basically a stock non VTEC d15 running on a standalone ecu so do it
You're the guy that did the Speeduino ECU. Whatever happened with that? I read your whole thread about it. I'm going to make that my winter project

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
Use a p30 base. It'll allow you to have the most options. Copy the p28 maps into the p30 base.

I doubt you'll get better mpg's though. Possibly worse. You really should wait until you get a wideband. Maybe borrow one from somebody for the day to at least tune cruising areas and idle. It'll take 20mins to install. I've been playing around with crome and Neptune and the stock maps run really rich.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Use a p30 base. It'll allow you to have the most options. Copy the p28 maps into the p30 base.

I doubt you'll get better mpg's though. Possibly worse. You really should wait until you get a wideband. Maybe borrow one from somebody for the day to at least tune cruising areas and idle. It'll take 20mins to install. I've been playing around with crome and Neptune and the stock maps run really rich.
P30 is what I meant. I decided to wait for the wideband to hook everything up. I'm not good at being patient

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
It looks to be similar to my MTX-L. I think it even uses the same sensor. I don't know about the quality of the controller.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks to be similar to my MTX-L. I think it even uses the same sensor. I don't know about the quality of the controller.
it uses a Bosch LSU 4.2 sensor which from what I've read is not as good as the 4.9

There is a guy selling a Innovative LC2 for $100 but it doesn't have a gauge. So that's another $80 something. I don't know if that's worth it or not

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
My advice is not to skimp on any electorial component. And this is coming from King Brokedick. See what Summit Racing has in your price range. That's where I got my MTX-L cheaper than most other sites and it got here in a day.........but I love kinda close to their Ohio distribution center.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
I love my MTX-L, fast response.

And now I have the gauge hidden in the dash, with a arduino powered dash display for the A/F
Do you have a pic? I'm very interested in places to hide mine. So far, I'm leaning towards the glove box. I just need to get some abs plastic to make the pod.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts