Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is on the rear drivers side of the car. The area is where the lower control arm meets the ...im not sure what its called, but its been swapped to run rear disks.

here are pics, I tried to describe the best I can..

so, any hints about taking it out?

·
Registered
983 Posts
vise grips on exposed part of bolt if possible!?

use lots of wd40 or similar or you could always cut the nut off as a last resort...

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I can see a little bit of the bolt is exposed.. Maybe cut a slit in it, and make it so I can put a flat head screwdriver on it, and use a vice grips to clamp on the screwdriver, and try to unscrew it. or drill it out some how.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
You could try a reverse drill bit. Sometimes that works.

Spray it with wd-40 or pb blaster and let it sit a good hour before working on it.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
yea happened to me, what I did is I welded on a nut to the exposed part of the bolt, then I just turned it out.

if you dont have acess to a welder then vicegrips and get those punny arms pumping BOI!!!

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
That's exactly why I bought Blox LCAs off of ebay and new bolts from hondapartsdeals.com.

I slotted the bolt and turned it out with a screw driver, but if it's really that rusted in there, you may have to try the alternate methods suggested.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
lots of PB Blaster and let it sit for awhile after spraying it, maybe overnight if possible, it will/should screw right out after soaking in the ol' PB overnight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts