Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here so please forgive me.

I got all my bolt ons installed and I'm not happy with the car.

List:
Skunk 2 Pro I/M
62mm bbk throttle body
K&N intake with spectre filter
Aero turbin ekhaust
ebay headers and downpipe

Only code I'm throwing is the TPS. I know I have to recalibrate it but I'm having issues getting ahold of a multi meter.

Would my d16y8 throttle body be a better fit then the 62mm?

My iacv is just hanging but still hooked up./ Got a better way?

The parts I have are for a manual but I have the automatic.

I can not get vtec to kick in and it rides high when shifting past 1st and 2nd and pulls like a semi engine break when downshifting from 2nd to 1st. It's probably the tps but I'm just wanting to make sure.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You lost me... Your IAC is hanging but still hooked up? What does "riding high" when shifting mean? and also what does "pulls like a semi engine break" mean?
the iac is just hanging(strapped with zip ties) and it plugged into the sensor. I might be refering to the tps but I'm unsure. will get pics up later.

riding higfh means the motor revs alot higher then what it did and when it shits, you kinda fell the jerk from going to 2nd.

pulls like a semi engine break means...when it shifts fronm second to 1st, it jerks like an engine break..its the only way to reallt describe it.

Like...when you shift from 2nd to first, it pulls and then stays revving really high like i'm trying to downshift but keep my revs. Make sense?

The thing hanging, I think is the IAC but it could be the tps.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sounds more like you need to top off your transmission with ATF before going any further.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,920 Posts
With what you added for parts i would only there would be like 8 extra hp. So if its a z6 you would only have ~110 whp, it shouldnt really feel any faster as for the other things your mentioned tey are caused by your work ethic. You reap what you soe. Bad work ends with bad resultes. And you iacv just hanging there, wtf man hook it up on the manifold. Also you may have air leakes and a stock y8 or z6 intakemanifold also throttle body would make more power on a stock engine. Also fix you TPS that is causing 99% of your problems ill bet

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm gonna have to post pics..I don;t think its the iac..ill see if i can google what it is.

my tps is on the manifold..or throttle body..man i need pics.

I think it is the iac..its the one with the thin rubber gasket on i t thats seperated in 2 ways, that i think, goes on the bottom of the throttle body.

Should I put the stock throttle boy back on and sell the bbk?

·
Registered
333 Posts
You need that IACV on there. Period.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Sounds more like you need to top off your transmission with ATF before going any further.
I've got an auto and the manifold is for a manual. theres not a way to do it....or is there?

just looked it uop..It is the iacv.I googled the gasket and thats the one.

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you have a y7 iacv, you need a y8 or z6 or b7 iacv to bolt up to that new intake, also you need to swap to a 2 wire iacv
My car was bone stock d16y8 when i got it. 98 ex coupe. The gasket might be impling it's from another motor but I was just saying that that is the type of gasket it is. might be wrong on the design, but thats the type of gasket. squarish, thin, rubber

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok that a auto iacv, you need a manual one like I posted above.

I assume your intake has no holes for this to mount to huh?
its got a couple but nothing taped or drilled.. So i have to get an iacv from a manual?

I'll post pics of everything I have when I get home. At work for 10 hours and just trying to get the reasearcgh done so i know what i gotta do.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts