Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive searched and cant find the answer to my question if someone can point me to the answer even better...

my question if i use a p28 with a z6 harness on a y8/7 mini me would i still have to run vtec wires???can i even use that harness???

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
so 92-95 civic, which submodel?

·
Registered
113 Posts
We need to know whether your car is OBD1 or OBD2. This is why a previous poster asked your submodel, Dx Lx Ex etc.

The answer will differ depending on what your car is.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
havent started the head swap because im waiting to get everything to do it all at once...all im missing is ecu and harness

·
Registered
279 Posts
get the ecu and harness the ecu will be a direct fit just plug it in you might have to run the vtec wiring for the sole depending on what year your car is if its a 92 your in lick cause the wires are already ran if not take the wires from the z6 harness then you will need adapters for the obd1 to obd2 plugs for the engine theres a guy on ebay who does good work for cheap. phanectric

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
well that i know of theres only 1 eg8 which is a eg 4door
still different submodels, hence my previous post.

for a moment I'm going to assume non-ex, in which case you will probally have to run wires for vtec

if it was me just re-use your stock engine harness and add the wires you need, unless you are going for a clean look.

in that case you would have to run the wires from the ecu up to connector that mates the main harness to the engine harness and then you could use a ex/si engine harness

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you might want to think about using a z6 im rail inj and dizzy. you wont have to do so much adapting
thats what i was thinking...using the a z6 head instead

still different submodels, hence my previous post.

for a moment I'm going to assume non-ex, in which case you will probally have to run wires for vtec

if it was me just re-use your stock engine harness and add the wires you need, unless you are going for a clean look.

in that case you would have to run the wires from the ecu up to connector that mates the main harness to the engine harness and then you could use a ex/si engine harness
i have a 94 DX

1 - 20 of 28 Posts