Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2001 chevy s10
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got a y8 im goin to go boost so i heard that y8 oil pumps are garbage. i put a z6 oil pump in my motor got the motor in the car went to check the oil and realised i dont have a dipstick tube! soooo were there or is there any hondas with a oil pan mounted dipstick? or am i just screwed

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Order a Toga pump or have your y8 one ported and shimmed

Edit: OBD-0 and OBD-1 D-series have the dipstick tube mounted on the front of the block and not through the pump like the y7/y8 and H/F series motors

·
Registered
557 Posts
when i bought my first 240sx back in 02 it didn't have a dipstick and i drove it around for awhile, and after doing a burnout, boom went the motor lol

·
Premium Member
91 Civic sedan
959 Posts
when i bought my first 240sx back in 02 it didn't have a dipstick and i drove it around for awhile, and after doing a burnout, boom went the motor lol
Probably because the oil was low and you didn't know. Not because you didn't have a dipstick :greddy: lol

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Corolla
272 Posts
You have a dipstick in your dash, its called an oil light BAHAHAHA!

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
You have a dipstick in your dash, its called an oil light BAHAHAHA!
LOL. Aka the dummy light. From what I remember, That light comes on when you barely have any oil left...like a reading of 9psi? LOL. If you see that light on, expect to rebuild >_<

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
run it if it starts to knock put some oil in it... repeat as often as necessary...

On a serious note there is a write-up some where about this problem and how some of the guys have fixed it some have accually drilled holes in the block to mount the dipstick (dont quote me on that, its what i seem to remeber..)

·
Registered
2001 chevy s10
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well it dont matter anymore the y8 has rodknock i caint win 2 motors 2 weeks... bad luck with assembly i suppose time to tear it apart and learn from my fu-k ups. thanks for the input guys

·
Premium Member
91 Civic sedan
959 Posts
Damn dude, sorry about your luck. Better luck next time.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
You build both motors, or did you purchase them and install them? Perhaps you need to get a Z6 motor.

·
Registered
2001 chevy s10
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the first one was in the car and it blew a headgasket the second one was a y8 i assembled so i took moth of them and and made a d15b7 mini me with a y8 head and i love it just got it done a few hours ago and its way fun

1 - 20 of 26 Posts