Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have someone willing to trade a clean auto coupe for my del sol...details aren't necessary now i just need to know is an auto to 5sp swap worth it, and can someone post a link for me to check out, i keep gettin nothing close to what i type into the search box lmao

·
Registered
1994 EH9
186 Posts
I have a 94 EH9 (D16Z6 auto). I'm in the process of swapping my shit out and trust me, you are not searching hard enough (if there is such a thing). I literally find something new here everyday, either by searching or reading others posts.

Relax, good things come coto thosI have a 94 EH9 (D16Z6 auto). I'm in the process of swapping my shit out and trust me, you are not searching hard enough (if there is such a thing). I literally find something new here everyday, either by searching or reading others posts.

Relax, good things come coto those who waite who wait

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
alot more fun to drive

i have shifter, boot, and manual ex cluster
just layin around wanting to sell

probly gonna be 200 for everything

needs
shifter
trans
pedals
master cylinder
linkage
clutch line
clutch/ flywheel

·
Registered
1994 EH9
186 Posts
Driving an auto is lazy, like driving a golf cart

·
Registered
1994 EH9
186 Posts
Well you already have a 5mt, why have to deal with what I'm going though to swap another trans in the car? What year is it and is it a Del Sol S?

EDIT: What engine do you have exactly?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well you already have a 5mt, why have to deal with what I'm going though to swap another trans in the car? What year is it and is it a Del Sol S?

EDIT: What engine do you have exactly?
it's a del sol si, 93....the current motor is a d15b7 with 5 speed, i was asking about auto to manual
because this guy wants to trade me a super clean 95 dx coupe (i love those) for my del slow
straight up, just his dx is auto...i wanna know if i should trade him and just do the 5speed
conversion for $200-$300..

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
alot more fun to drive

i have shifter, boot, and manual ex cluster
just layin around wanting to sell

probly gonna be 200 for everything
PM me about parts for sale
Tibby, are you trying to get banned..?

dood only has 4 posts lol
he cant BUY or SELL anything yet...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
k sweet thanks ;)
how long did it take u from start to finish...
if you take out all the delays from waiting for parts to show up and stuff that was left out that i also had to wait for, it could have been done in just a couple of days...
if your only doing the 5speed swap, a day tops, if you have everything you need...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow... wow..
look man, i didn't mean to post in the wrong section, I'M NEW, besides so far everyone but u was
helpful and from what i can see on your rep power u probly don't care for noobs and have more
say than alotta ppl on here, buy u were once a noob so gimme a break here, and i am not asking
"how" to go auto to 5speed, more of if it's worth it to trade my 5sp del sol for an auto ej...again sry for
not posting in the 'noob' section, and to everyone else thanks!!

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
very important...

MAKE SURE TO GET 5speed flywheel bolts, the auto flex-plate bolts are not long enough and WILL fail....

*edit*
just reread this, meant to say flywheel, not PP

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
look man, i didn't mean to post in the wrong section, I'M NEW
hence the post about this needing to be in the noob section. just stating so YOU would know where to put a question such as this.

besides so far everyone but u was
helpful
i didnt have to be helpful, i knew the answer was covered in a sticky. you said you searched, but it was obvious you did not. in essence, you lied to the members that have posted info for you to read. since i saw the lie for what it was, i decided not to spoon feed you the answers that were already in front of you.

i can see on your rep power u probly don't care for noobs and have more say than alotta ppl on here
you would be wrong. had you really searched, which would lead to a real and in depth question, i would have gladly helped you. i have zero issues with helping any person who comes to this site, but they must first help themselves.

buy u were once a noob so gimme a break here
was i? i have "noob" moments. **shrug**

if it's worth it to trade my 5sp del sol for an auto ej...
idk, is it? its your choice cause its your car. you ask if its worth it, but WE dont know what your value of a car is. i personally would rather spend thousands of dollars for a car, headed for the junk yard, just so it would not receive that fate. then rebuild it for thousands more. but then again, i LOVE cars and always have.

MAKE SURE TO GET 5speed pressure plate bolts, the auto bolts are not long enough and WILL fail....
who told you that or did you experiance it? the auto bolts are only 1 1/2 threads shorter (d-series), last i checked. there is a EJ1 right now using AT bolts on a 5 spd car, i didnt really want to do this but the guy insisted, and its been fine for the last 9 months or so.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts