Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 181 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went out to a long stretch of road and marked of a .25 on the odometer for the 1/4 and painted lines on the start and finish, and we used a stop watch to time us...my buddy in his 91 hatch 4 spd d15b1 with nothing but intake and exhaust unbolted from in front of cat and no a/c stuff, he ran a 18.26...then I tried it and I have header,intake,obd1-rewire,z6 intake manifold, I was running open header so no back pressure!! and with ''17 rims, they are kumho tires, and a carbon fiber hood oh yea and a SI tranny I ran a 13.45!! I dont know how accurate the stop watch is compared to a drag strip...anyways just wanted to share with you d's...is that possible???

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i dunno man, i think theres tons of room for error but ull get a decent idea, like measuring the .25 mile with ur odometer has a huge room for failure, plus stopping the watch the exact hundredth of a second at the finish line when ur going over 85 mph is goin to be really tough... it would be a lot more accurate if you had multiple watch timers and took the average. btu still the .25 mile will be off imo. but if ur running 13s thats awesome man.

·
Registered
915 Posts
SiNgLeCaM PoWeR! said:
We went out to a long stretch of road and marked of a .25 on the odometer for the 1/4 and painted lines on the start and finish, and we used a stop watch to time us...my buddy in his 91 hatch 4 spd d15b1 with nothing but intake and exhaust unbolted from in front of cat and no a/c stuff, he ran a 18.26...then I tried it and I have header,intake,obd1-rewire,z6 intake manifold, I was running open header so no back pressure!! and with ''17 rims, they are kumho tires, and a carbon fiber hood oh yea and a SI tranny I ran a 13.45!! I dont know how accurate the stop watch is compared to a drag strip...anyways just wanted to share with you d's...is that possible???
the 91 hatch time i can beleive(used to have the d15b1...swaped to dohc zc)but the 13.xx time...meh...that would kinda make u one of the fastest NA D on this forum..put a turbo on it and DAM ull b in the 8's :-D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ryan89crx said:
ya, 13.45 is not going to happen. my guess is that you are probably a high 15 at the fastest

take it to a real track and get a legit timeslip
I am more than sure I can run faster then 15's there is no 15's to it...I will take it to the track and see what I run for sure..but I am willing to bet that I run faster then 15.00 atleast in the 14's low 14's...but yea I understand the way I did it isnt exactly right..prob not even close but I know I am faster than 15's..oh yea and when we raced out at the 1/4 I also beat a newer impala (old police car) pretty badly.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
whitemike said:
+1

i have a z6 swap crx with a intake... i just ran a 15.9 @ 86mph
'89 HF with a6 swap here, I/E and i ran a 15.6

i doubt a heavier trim model with a weaker motor is going to go faster.

doubt all you want, until you show slips its all talk...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
weaker motor are you dumb i have an a6 aswell! I can beat a gsr roll starting, a z6 is nothing to me! I will find one next weekend when I go race and let you all see a video of me stomping the shit out of it!!!

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
SiNgLeCaM PoWeR! said:
weaker motor are you dumb i have an a6 aswell! I can beat a gsr roll starting, a z6 is nothing to me! I will find one next weekend when I go race and let you all see a video of me stomping the shit out of it!!!
im dumb because you never said your motor? and in another post you said DX mpfi converted. to most people that means DX(1.5) with mpfi conversion. which would also mean WEAKER

i think you are dumb for assuming people know what you have. i KNOW you are dumb for thinking you run 13s in the 1/4 according to your uber-accurate stopwatch :slap:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I never said anything about dx mpfi converted!!!! I said si converted crx so whats in the SI hmmmm a6 other than that 15.6 lmao damn do you know how to drive??? I dont know what I will run for sure but from hearing what you all run with z6 then I should atleast run that...anyone in texas here have a z6 swapped car??? or mini me...I will race you at a strip...I dont have a 1/4 strip we have a 1/8 so I am willing to go to a strip half way close and race your z6 swap and show you what my car has!

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
your a moron...
if all you have is a bolt on z6 in a crx your far from 14s.... no wonder you have neg rep

edit for not being able to understand what you have.. cuz i read again and maybe an a6?? just post up your mod list and that will possibly stop the flaming.. or ignite it....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jimmyb34 said:
your a moron...
if all you have is a bolt on z6 in a crx your far from 14s.... no wonder you have neg rep

NO I dont have a z6 I have a d16a6, z6 intake manifold, header,cai,complete exhaust, no cat, obd-1 re-wire, p28ecu, si tranny, and carbon fiber hood..riding on 17inch rims..oh and not much diff but better for it is my bigger grounds..

·
Registered
One of many
251 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
edit for not being able to understand what you have.. cuz i read again and maybe an a6?? just post up your mod list and that will possibly stop the flaming.. or ignite it....
Oh snap!! :mikej:

1 - 20 of 181 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.